Kverneland Plough Press

Well we have all spoke about it and you may have noticed I have orderd some press rings with the help of Texas in the Netherlands.

Well he did me proud and posted them to me.

20 of them went to CJ for his creation and I have 47 left for mine.

It is based on a 3.1 m plough width which works out as a 7 Furrow plough ploughing at 45cm (18") wide furrows.

The 7930 should be ok with that. This will be finnished and on show at ToyTrac

After an hour of tinkering this is what I have.

Firstly, the tools and glue if any one needs to know:

KvernelandPress005.jpg

KvernelandPress004.jpg

KvernelandPress003.jpg

KvernelandPress007.jpg

KvernelandPress006.jpg

KvernelandPress008.jpg

More to come soon but I am in need of some Kverneland spray and it is £20 a can so if anyone can suggest an alternaitve that will be great  ;) ;)

More pics soon..........

Next up the swing arms and hitch.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jez Jez Jez :D :D :D :D We liike :D :D

Thanks mate, a long way to go yet. I also need a plough to put it on.........

I am off to farmmodels.co.uk to order now....

looking good jez, the press wheels look the bees knees :)

Thanks mark mate, yeah they are perfect  ;) ;)

looking good jez, been pondering buying some of those rings for a while now for a set of discs on the layout

as for the paint ,sounds silly but aint fergy red near on the same red as knervey? that or bmw zinobar red, thats everso slightly darker than fergy red, along with jd green, sure thats what others have used for the green anyway

That is looking great Jez :o

Texas

Thanks mate, and thankyou for your help today  ;) ;)

looking good jez, been pondering buying some of those rings for a while now for a set of discs on the layout

as for the paint ,sounds silly but aint fergy red near on the same red as knervey? that or bmw zinobar red, thats everso slightly darker than fergy red, along with jd green, sure thats what others have used for the green anyway

they needed trimming mate but are pretty much perfect.  ;) ;)

looking good mate can't wait to see it finished

Thanks Pete mate, trying to get the arms right now  ;) ;)

Poser.

Naaa only messing, it looks great mate. Very nice indeed. 8)

I deserve that mate, I mock you enough, it didn't penetrate my leather skin though  :D :D

great start jez, keep us posted

I will Brass Master  ;) ;)

looks great Jez, is brass easy to work with??

on the tools front, the phone i take it for when you stick your left little finger in your right ear? :-\

oh and i think Britainsfan  should get a numpty ::) ::)

Yes mate, it is also for taking some sneaky pics to send to the sneaky hobbit to wind him up  :D :D

He should you are right.

As for brass, it is great yeah, i am gluing rathe than soldering as I don't want to mess it up as it is costly.

I am thinking kowever it will be too heavy to sit on the linkage but I am sure i can find a way to make it work.

I would of rather make the swing arms from plastic to be honest but i didn't think wt the time.

Well i have managed to get the arms pretty much sorted but I need to wait to spray the rings before I glue it all together.

I just need to decide on a hitching point and get the chains fitted between the rings and all will be done.....

I am thinking about priming it all before I spray it to avoid the real colour flaking off. If anyone can advise me on this that would be great.

11.jpg

The arms out for work:

112.jpg

And pulled in for transport:

113.jpg

Then i hitched up some 'cable' for switching at the end  ;)

115.jpg

116.jpg

Like I said, just a bit left to do. Should be finnished by the weekend  ;)

Well i have managed to get the arms pretty much sorted but I need to wait to spray the rings before I glue it all together.

I just need to decide on a hitching point and get the chains fitted between the rings and all will be done.....

I am thinking about priming it all before I spray it to avoid the real colour flaking off. If anyone can advise me on this that would be great.

Yes Jez,i think your right about priming it all because that is white metal and the paint could flaking of otherwise ;) ;)

fantastic job :) bet you could sell afew of those to fit behind the new plough! (i know its a one off for yourself)

i use halfords paint for kevernland red (not sure on name, will check for you, think its a Vauxhall red) and i use john deere green but it is really abit dark alongside the real kevernland green, nigel may have some tinlets the right shade that would match ;)

::) ::)::) looks great, I think dave towse have one but I am not quite sure :o :o :o

Thanks mate, it is here: http://www.britainstoyfarm.co.uk/page8.html

fantastic job :) bet you could sell afew of those to fit behind the new plough! (i know its a one off for yourself)

i use halfords paint for kevernland red (not sure on name, will check for you, think its a Vauxhall red) and i use john deere green but it is really abit dark alongside the real kevernland green, nigel may have some tinlets the right shade that would match ;)

Thanks mike, i may consider making another to sell but will see how this one works out. I have enough brass.  ;) ;)

I think there is a tips Topic on painting Jez. It may not be stickied but it's in there somewhere. Might not hurt to warm the metal gently before painting.

True mate, i will have a hunt  ;) ;)