A work in progress

CMB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the back drop or ploughed field painting in the background i realy like and ohhh those lovely 60s

and 70s pices :of :of :of :of

It's a watercolour my grandad painted in about '79/80.  The location is near Hemel Hempstead where he used to live.

They do make good backdrops.

• 3 years later...

A few more Britains colour varations in my collection: (some are repaints)

3 furrow ploughs 

IMG_3187_zpsa0eee4ce.jpg

2 wheel tippers (130F/9550/9565)

IMG_3177_zpsd1f0827d.jpg

IMG_3170_zps325cf4af.jpg

IMG_3175_zpsb6434426.jpg

Disc harrows (135F/9534)

IMG_3001_zpsef7dd5a6.jpg

Segment rolls (136F/9533)

IMG_2994_zpse9689e55.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

And my new lbw Series 2 Land Rover alongside the other two I currently have. Notice the wiper on the older grey one is removed on the later blue but there is more detail immediately below the window on the later toy:

IMG_3266_zpsc84b191f.jpgIMG_3268_zps99b72685.jpgIMG_3269_zps647eac66.jpgIMG_3270_zps8a708175.jpg

IMG_3271_zps3afe0d83.jpgIMG_3272_zps2a35b9ad.jpg

I'm thinking of replacing the missing rear number plate on the more complete grey one with the one from the broken Landy. I think these were the only two colour variations released for the farm series (apart from the zoo and military models).

LWB Farm Land rover also comes in  khaki. Picture/s to follow  ::)

The first versions come with a different wheel centre and also a different suspension with longitudinal springs as opposed to coil springs, compare your last photograph. This necessitates a different chassis casting and front wheel steering mechanism along with plastic seating rear inner tub moulding.

A member on here has, I believe, a green farm land rover as per the military version.

Easy enough to make your own, although costly, with replacement decals and other spare parts  :police:

Number plates and other LR decals here  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-LAND-ROVER-NUMBERPLATE-SET-Chrome-Silver-on-Black-3-variations-/221318991001?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&var=&hash=item3387a3cc99

LWB Farm Land rover also comes in  khaki. Picture/s to follow  ::)

The first versions come with a different wheel centre and also a different suspension with longitudinal springs as opposed to coil springs, compare your last photograph. This necessitates a different chassis casting and front wheel steering mechanism along with plastic seating rear inner tub moulding.

A member on here has, I believe, a green farm land rover as per the military version.

Easy enough to make your own, although costly, with replacement decals and other spare parts  :police:

Number plates and other LR decals here  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITAINS-LAND-ROVER-NUMBERPLATE-SET-Chrome-Silver-on-Black-3-variations-/221318991001?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&var=&hash=item3387a3cc99

I'm intrigued to see the khaki and green farm versions Paul, perhaps this was at the end of production run and they had surplus transfers/castings? 

Those stickers are good reproductions but I prefer to stick to the originals however tatty they may be (this generally goes for most of my old Britains although I might make an exception for a single MF135 wheel rim, the original having just fell to pieces without any encouragement from me).

Archived