John Deere 5430I SP Sprayer Image

Andy

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i thought something so big would have a bigger tank when the trailed ones tank looks bigger, i must say the model is calling out for a set of booms from a UH or something

i did think that myself

but

731_1200647144.jpg

135017.jpg

tech_JD.jpg

looking at those its pretty close!

all the self propelled ones seem to have smaller tanks than trailed ones, not sure why,weight limits ?? who knows

saw a Hardi SP sprayer the other day near Stuntney, thought the same with that

Nathan, do you mean a real bigger tank or on the model?

i was talking about the model jez but come to think of it why is the real tank a bit small for such a big machine , i expect it down to weights and ground pressure.

i was talking about the model jez but come to think of it why is the real tank a bit small for such a big machine , i expect it down to weights and ground pressure.

You got it mate. All to do also with customer requirements, bigger tank means bigger engine means bigger wheel motors means more cost.

All to do with the bottom line.

The real one is amazing to drive though.

You got it mate. All to do also with customer requirements, bigger tank means bigger engine means bigger wheel motors means more cost.

All to do with the bottom line.

The real one is amazing to drive though.

so is this the smallest / middle of the ranger one then jez?? or the biggest of them

4000 litres is a pretty big tank any way (I don't know about the Deere, but Househams biggest are 5000 IIRC).  Tank size on the real machine will come down to what the customer requires - 4000litres @ 100litre/ha is 40 hectares, probably one to two hours work with a 36metre boom travelling at 15kph (depending on field sizes!). With a smaller boom (down to 30 or even 24metres) it would take longer still. 

Weight also becomes an issue - 1 litre of water/pesticide mix weighs approximately 1 kg, so you've got about 4 tonnes of liquid in that 4000 litre tank (liquid fertiliser is even heavier - 4000 litres would be nearly 5 tonnes)

I've only seen it boxed but it looks like a brilliant model for RC2.... I don't know what it's like in reality but RC2 do seem to be slipping quietly back into the game... :-\ ;D She'll slot in well with your kit Pete ;) Will you do anything to it?

well mine came yesterday from Nathan good model. it a big machine though think firhills farms will defiantly be contracting ang getting a water tanker to follow it about.

Well the deere is the only self propelled sprayer that can tow 16 tonnes behind  ;)

5430i.jpg

I've only seen it boxed but it looks like a brilliant model for RC2.... I don't know what it's like in reality but RC2 do seem to be slipping quietly back into the game... :-\ ;D She'll slot in well with your kit Pete ;) Will you do anything to it?

still need to convice me in time!!!!.....but i'm not giving them £30 for it! >:( >:(>:(:D :D

still need to convice me in time!!!!.....but i'm not giving them £30 for it! >:( >:(>:(:D :D

In my opinion Ben I think it is about on the money.... that LE Spra Coupe was dreadful for about 25 quid.... the UH Technoma is gorgeous but 50 odd quid and soooo fragile - and no steering axle :o.... the Hardi is pretty bland for 35 or 40 quid or whatever it was.... and then there's this one - while perhaps the fact that it's a huge John Deere makes it not quite what most of us would have liked [bateman would have been miles better]  :-\ - I think it's certainly best value 1:32 SP available at the moment in terms of 'bits you can break off for your hard earned'.... If I were in the market for an SP sprayer [which I'm not, I have both the Technoma and the Spra Coupe and what I really want is a small-ish trailed or mounted ;)] I would DEFINITELY have the Britains JD... [i'm going to start using the Britains name freely again now I think RC2 are improving ;);D]