Same Galaxy 170

paul kelly

I have been after a SAME Galaxy in 1/32 for some time and good boxed examples always make about £40. Obviously unboxed and playworn models make less than that but most have the exhaust missing

Now, if you were clever you could build a Same Galaxy 170. Casting is 1988 version TW-35, cab is a red Lamborghini 1706 fully glazed one, floorpan/mudguards, exhaust and air cleaner also Lambo, front wheels Fiat 90-90, rear wheels County 1884. That only leaves the bonnet to sort out.

Now, if you were clever you could build a Same Galaxy 170. Casting is 1988 version TW-35, cab is a red Lamborghini 1706 fully glazed one, floorpan/mudguards, exhaust and air cleaner also Lambo, front wheels Fiat 90-90, rear wheels County 1884. That only leaves the bonnet to sort out.

Different bonnets!  ;)

Different bonnets!  ;)

As you say, different bonnet. Quite straight forward to construct one I would have thought as it's fairly square and you can do wonders with Plastruct or Platicard.    I bought one when they were first released and left it in the box, glad I did as you don't see any about even at toy fairs.

I have a Same 170 in a Banded box No 9503 and I think they were issued in 1991 and were last in the Britain's catalogue in 1992 so yes I suspect they may be one of the scarcer ones.

In addition I have a "gift set" one No 9647 which has a transport box and accessories

I have a Same 170 in a Banded box No 9503 and I think they were issued in 1991 and were last in the Britain's catalogue in 1992 so yes I suspect they may be one of the scarcer ones.

In addition I have a "gift set" one No 9647 which has a transport box and accessories

I take it thats the one with a yellow twose link box and animals if so i seen one at a toyfair at the weekend  ;) ;) priced £85 mib  :o :o :o

sounds like it si, only other set i have seen with the same in was a set on ebay just before i went away with the krone bale handler in it, went for 300 quid odd, never seen it before, but was real as the tractor was in the small pic in the top corner of the box

I take it thats the one with a yellow twose link box and animals if so i seen one at a toyfair at the weekend  ;) ;) priced £85 mib  :o :o :o

Spot on Simon... here is mine...didn't pay as much as £85 though ;) ;)

f7319a75.jpg

da386ea0.jpg

looks like the box inners missing mind on that one, all the ones i have seen have that plastic tray type fitted

Yes mine has the plastic liner

5457d943.jpg

If anyone is wondering what the white stuff round the model is well simply kitchen roll to stop the wheels sticking to the liner. Certain plastic liners have a tendency to melt on to the wheels and I find this acts as a barrier to that ;) ;)

sounds like it si, only other set i have seen with the same in was a set on ebay just before i went away with the krone bale handler in it, went for 300 quid odd, never seen it before, but was real as the tractor was in the small pic in the top corner of the box

Never seen or heard of that one but there is no way I would pay that kinda money for it.

Yes mine has the plastic liner

If anyone is wondering what the white stuff round the model is well simply kitchen roll to stop the wheels sticking to the liner. Certain plastic liners have a tendency to melt on to the wheels and I find this acts as a barrier to that ;) ;)

Good thinking i ought to do that with some of mine as you can see where the liner has melted in contact with the tyres