Ford 7710...? Maybe?

I've dragged this one back to the front of the bench... will post some photos soon.... want some advice...

I'm using the original casting... if you don't like it, tough, it's what I'm using!

Axles & wheels off a new 5000... although I'm making the front axle steer....

Blue floor pan, bubble top Q cab & 7710 / TW bonnet from Brian...

Is it going to be most accurately a 6700/10 or 7700/10 or 8100....? Doesn't need to be exactly right... when have any of my conversions ever been that anyway?! :D

I just want best fit.... I've trashed the original bodywork and hitch so this is a way of giving a new lease of life to at least the casting of a toy I remember the precise moment I unwrapped it for my 7th birthday or something.... that rainbow box.... the 4wd.... it was my favourite and has been through many [unsuccessful] incarnations since..... it's time I gave it some love... ;)

If anyone can provide dimensions and photos of any of the above named models then I appreciate your assistance! ;D

Right, I set about this last night, until my wife had enough of me tackling the chassis with the Dremel at the kitchen table, making a racket and showering her with filings.... :-[:D :D

This is what I'm starting with, I got it for Christmas when I was 4 or 5 and then after systematically destroying it I 'converted' it to a 2wd 6610 when I was 10 or 11. As you can see, my sausage fingers weren't that highly skilled at that age.... and are unlikely to be much better now! ::):D

Nice convo Simon  :D :D :D :D ::):-*

i did wonder what happened to this tractor / tractors , you susre you know what you want & how to do it  :D

i wasn't wondering that hard mind you :D :D

OK..... This is where we stand so far..... where am I heading with this.... suggestions ???

go on simon go old school , get the old type decals & get her dressed as a 7700 that would be great  :) :)

That's what I'm thinking.... although I might have early 7710 decals for her from Spalding... will need to check.....

i wasn't wondering that hard mind you :D :D

Nice to know you care Marcus ::):D

OK..... This is where we stand so far..... where am I heading with this.... suggestions ???

To get your motorbike licence ??? ??? :D :D

Looking.......... ummmmmmmmmm, it is looking........ Did George do it?  ;D:D

Sorry mate.

I admire you taking your first customisation and using that... good on you buddy!!

To get your motorbike licence ??? ??? :D :D

Looking.......... ummmmmmmmmm, it is looking........ Did George do it?  ;D:D

Sorry mate.

I admire you taking your first customisation and using that... good on you buddy!!

Have you not get that license yet Simon  :o :o :o;D ;D :D;)

7700 it is then ::)

I'll do a 7710 anothe time instead I suppose ::)

Wouldn't mind seeing your 5000 axle Sean, I think I know exactly what I'm doing but then I again don't have a clue what I'm doing... ;)

here you go mate, like i say its not pretty, with a little more time it would be ok,did it more to  see if it could be done than to use ,save breaking jd's up for ford stuff and not waste the ford axels, found i had to cut the back bit of the ford axel off mind, otherwise it would not move, but with time and work that could have been overcome ,rod at the back is just hollow brass tube with 2 small eyes glued in ,held onto the axel by 2 fine brass pins/nails

003-8.jpg

002-8.jpg

ooh come on man , will you just get it finished & KEEP THE WEIGHTS !

to be honest mate we're humouring you  Seans =  MF , Peters =  VOLVO, Jez = John Deere, i'm MF & Bluefan is deluded .

it has to be a 7700 for credibility & then we can close the topic  :D :D :D  ;)

really mate i cant wait to see this finished , going to look great ,proper tractor  :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...