John Deere 6910 TLS

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like you said on the last page Ian, It'll do for now. . . . ::) ::)

Smug Get :D :D

It's a hell of a project mate, no half measures with you is there? Pretty extensive work going on. Interesting to watch it's progress. :)

Thanks Deere-est, I try :o :o  nice not to have to rush something :)

I have put the model together to see if it appears to be in proportion.

The mudguards need finishing, I have taken a slither out of the Ertil roof to make it li=onger and fit over the 6920 cab, but I might have to redo that later tonight and shorten it by about 2mm, it hangs over the front and back too much for my liking. 

The cab should'nt hang over much on these.  Cut out the light recesses though.  I have the lights which I will set into the roof when its the right length.

The rear cab pillars are too short, I klnow, Im in the middle of the lower part when I put the model together for pics.

I have raised the bonnet slightly on a piece of plasticard at the moment.  It looks better higher, but that may be because the cross beam of the 6920 cab is quite high. ??? ???

post-124-132638930903_thumb.jpg

post-124-132638930907_thumb.jpg

i dont know what ian uses, but i use araldite steel 2 part mix.  I find it much easier to use than a ready made putty.

Its also a 2 part mix, but its metal cement.  Large tube is grey and stinks, hardener is a small yellow tube.  Seems pretty good, sands down nice and smooth.  You can get it from most car stores - Halfords/motormania

Is the front track width ever so slightly wider than the back, Ian?

I hope you don't mind me asking. It is difficult to tell from the angle of the photo's. I may be talking utter Nicole Scherzinger-ish.

Correct. none of the wheels are fitted at the mo.

Sean is right, Im putting the wheels in position for effect nicole ! ;)

With experience brings speed it seems  ;D , I know this is steady for you Ian but you're lightning compared to me!  :D On the filler subject, I think the milliput is 2 part so I guess that will be similar, but I think it's more like plasticine than a pretty squidgy filler..... ???

I think this is all coming together beautifully... remind me which wheels you're using..?