Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good simon, i like what you did with the cab might have to borrow that idea soon for some thing classic  :)

Thanks Chris, I hope it works out. Would like to do a TS & a 40 series after this if it all works out OK.... You better get cracking, so we can see how a man who actually knows what he's doing executes it  :D :D :D

Are you at my place Simon  ???:o  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

50 to 1 against your missus beating mine.... Mrs H is a dragon mate  ;) Shhhhh, hope she doesn't see this or I'll be toast  :D :D :D

this is going to be a nice model when its finished and its your colour.

Cheers Pete, it's got 2 chances but I hope it turns out nice!!  ;D As you say though, whatever happens at least it'll be my colour !  ;):D

Thanks Chris, I hope it works out. Would like to do a TS & a 40 series after this if it all works out OK.... You better get cracking, so we can see how a man who actually knows what he's doing executes it  :D :D :D

50 to 1 against your missus beating mine.... Mrs H is a dragon mate  ;) Shhhhh, hope she doesn't see this or I'll be toast  :D :D :D

Cheers Pete, it's got 2 chances but I hope it turns out nice!!  ;D As you say though, whatever happens at least it'll be my colour !  ;):D

Here is my missus Simon  :D :D :D :D :D

post-1581-132638931343_thumb.jpg

:o :o :o

Simon you dark horse - fantastic job there mate - great to see more blues ;)

Thanks buddy :D :D I'm surprising myself !!  :D :D :D

I hate you lot  >:(

What are you trying to do to little ole me  >:(

Bliming Nora

Stunning Simon Stunning

I friggin hate you  :(;):-*

Sorry Barry, and thank you very much.... maybe it's time you got your tools out too...?.... If I can do it anyone can !!  :D :D

Well, I've just knocked off for the evening.

I took those extensions off and had another go at them, took a load off the original mudguards so they taper in more to the bottom of the doors, much better.... still struggling with the other end of them.

Roughly shaped up the lower rear window and raised section of cab floor. Need a bit more work on the cross member now though.. ::)

Also made a start on building the cab interior. Done a rudimentary tool box to the near side and the up down sloping level console to the off side. Think I may have made it a bit big but we'll see.

Photos in the morning!

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone.... ;D

Cheers Pete...

Ok, here's the pictures from last night....

Cab interior coming together. Started making the right hand console, or as close as I can get it with the space available. It will be nowhere near perfect but when it's all painted up grey with some levers in roughly the right places it should look ok.

post-1414-132638932973_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638932984_thumb.jpg

I've cut away the upstand to the rear of the floorpan to make way for a new rear raised floor section for the cab and the lower back window [which is fixed to the cab frame rather than floorpan for ease of painting and assembly].

I wasn't happy with the shape of the mudgaurds or extensions so I took them off, filed down the arches some more and glued these tags underneath to hold the extensions. I'm hoping these will make it easier to fix them and get a better joint with no glue squirting out between the blue and black... :-\

I've tacked the extensions on again to check it all looks right...

post-1414-132638932995_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638933004_thumb.jpg

And that's kind of as far as I've got.

Today's question is..... is the bonnet too long ???:-\ :D

Simon mate,you even make your own interior  :o :o :o :o looking really forward to se this master piece finished  :) :) ;)

Yeah... do you think I might be taking on a bit too much for a first attempt  :-\ :-\ :D :D

post-1414-132638933014_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638933024_thumb.jpg

Are you loving it uncle bazza? :D :D Glad it's not just me getting something out of it.... Mrs H is seriously unimpressed at me taking over her kitchen table every evening!  :D :D

OH Mrs Ham  ;) let Simon be otherwise the rest of the house will not be finished....If you have a problem with that I'll .... Errr send Sean and Marky round  :-[

So what's next on this beauty then Simon  ;)

Well, I need to go over everything I've done so far with some filler and fine sand paper to get it ready for paint but there are a couple more bits I need to do before paint.

I've got grab rails to make up and the PDC mirrors to fix to the cab frame, that can then be sprayed.

I need to finish the interior, make lower cab floor & dash, possibly make a seat too, then spray all that grey. After that all the controls can go in.

I think once I've got the cab and floorpan to a stage where I'm happy with it, maybe even glazed, then I'll set about the chassis....

Crikey, I have got quite a bit to do  :o:D

I need to go shopping first, going to try to drop into Hobbycraft tomorrow to pick up some paints and odds and sods....

And that's kind of as far as I've got.

Today's question is..... is the bonnet too long ???:-\ :D

Yeah... do you think I might be taking on a bit too much for a first attempt  :-\ :-\ :D :D

well as a baptism of fire yer going pretty well  :D:)