Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quality work there simon you should be proud

i love tm tractors cant wait to see this one done  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Murray, I'm just going round what I've done so far with filler and sand paper to get it ready for paint tomorrow evening.

Should hopefully start to see some interesting progress soon!

It is the wrong shade of green mate...................

Looking nice mate  ;) Takes time though hey  ;)

Keep up the good work and welcome to the dark side of customising....

Cheers Jez, it's not that dark mate, at least it's not green..... ;):D :D Although I do have a green one sitting here ready to jump the queue if Brian Norman doesn't come back to me in time  ;):D You're right, it is tough going. I got the bulk of the interior wrapped up this evening, just the dash and detailing to do inside now. Also built the steps for one side but being a right bodger they've not come out as well as I would have liked so I think I'll do them again, but properly this time.... ;):D :D

pretty impressive mate, looking good sa far,

Thanks Sean, got one hell of a long way to go to catch you up but I'm pretty pleased with it  ;D

that is going to be one great model.

keep up the good work.

i look forward to reading more on this later and tomorrow.

Thanks Jason, I'll post some photos of this evening's progress tomorrow when I get a chance.

I've been thinking about scratch building something to go behind it, or altering the UH Triathlon spreader to a UK make.... hopefully whatever I do they will both do each other justice.... maybe.... :D :D

Last night's work...

Interior basically in shape, need to fettle it and build the dash, then spray it all up and detail it all...

Have made the concertina for the seat to stand on, sort of worked  :-\.

I was a bit slapdash last night  >:(::)

And I trimmed the front of the chassis back to roughly the right place for the tombstone.... that's about the only thing which went to plan ! :D :D

I built the steps, they're all wrong so going to start again tonight and do them right. Hopefully be able to start getting some paint on tonight too maybe :-\ ;).

Dropped in a a model shop and picked up a few bits to get me onto the next stage... ;)  :D

post-1414-132638933761_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638933767_thumb.jpg

If you were the opposite sex you would have a stalker  ;)

Amazing...where are you gonna stop  ??? please dont  :D :D

His missus said he usually has when he is playing tractors. .. . .

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Simon this is quite some project mate, I really like the work you are doing around the cab both inside and out. It is quite a lot of work you are putting into this but hey, your getting it right!!

Thank you my darlin.... I'm feeling a little squiffy this evening, boss just been round to view progress and talk models and brought a bottle of red... I have, despite my situation, primed up most of the model using the sweet little airbrush I bought from Squires at TT. It don't half make life easier... did struggle with thinning the paint down though... either wouldn't go through the brush or when it did, it ran off again. Anyway, got somewhere near in the end, will be better when it comes to the final colours.... maybe... ???::):D

Have also made the grab rails and fitted PDC's lovely mirrors before paint.... piece of cake.... first thing that has been though!!!  :D :D :D

God I want a ***

I've been painting this evening, after my chicken burger from the microwave I'm going to set about the cab steps, but until then, here's what I've done so far....

Spray booth & cab with grab rails on....

post-1414-132638933984_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638933991_thumb.jpg

This is friggin getting better and better  :o :o

That cab is stunning mate  :o

Can't believe you had time for a chicken burger ...Don't know how you fit it all in...

Simon you should change your career to a time management consultant  :)

nice simon i like the cab can you explain how and what you have done please also are you going to glaze the cab again or just leave it and have you done any detailing to the interior ???? cheers

Thanks Chris.....All I did with the cab was take off the original roof panel and glazing, lay the frame on a sheet of thin styrene sheet [Don't know the thickness but it was 95p!!  ;)  ::):D] and sketch round it in pencil, cut it out roughly, glue it on and file it down to the shape of the original frame. Then did it again but only up the cab pillars with strips and filed them off round. I've got some clear sheet which will then be cut so it sits within the recess on the corner pillars and over the first layer of sheet. It may work, it may not.... :D I've never tried anything like this before so blind optimism is leading the way.... :D Like Tris says, the side console is just knocked up roughly to 'represent it'. At the time I hadn't made the seat base so I've made the console too wide but it's in now, there's always next time  ;):D I made two flat formers in 'plan view', - one to sit on the raised cab floor section and one higher up to take the fillets for the sloping section - then cut the stepped side panel and scored and bent it round the formers, then the flat top and side cheeks to the rear 'turret'. I cut two angled fillets and glued them onto the top former to give me the angle of the centre section, then an over sized panel for the top which I glued to the fillets first then bent it down onto the flat front section where the gear shift lives. Gobbed some filler round it, flatted it off with some ultra fine sand paper and job done... sort of!  ;):D  ;D

This is friggin getting better and better  :o :o

That cab is stunning mate  :o

Can't believe you had time for a chicken burger ...Don't know how you fit it all in...

Simon you should change your career to a time management consultant  :)

Thanks Barry, this one's for you mate  ;) Of course, you can't actually have it though.... :D :D

The chicken burgers [i couldn't leave one left on it's own in the pack  ;)] were a major disappointment.... next time I will just starve and do this instead... ;):D :D

I'm practically a time management consultant by career anyway.... this is a piece of cake when compared to trying to persuade prima donna fixers to fit out an office.... ;):D

You're on the home straight now Hammy. I think you could start a trend here mate, obviously not with me because I can never find the time :( though an 8340 and an 8360 done like this would be stunning.

Thanks Tris, this one is something of a 'practice run' for a 40 series, I really want to do a couple of them and get them really spot on, an 8340 late style NH version like I went spudding on and a 6640 or 7740, maybe even 2wd.... ;D

oo nice work simon  :P keep up the good work

Cheers Rich..... nice to have a sea of blue isn't it after the sea of green we've had recently!!!  ;D

So, despite my boss coming round with a bottle of red, I still managed to do a bit last night.

After priming it all up I made another set of steps becase the first ones were so dire...

They're only half the size of your thumbnail each and with half a bottle of red inside me I was fumbling to say the least  ::):D

I got some thin strip yesterday which I cut down the length into a 3mm ish wide strip, then cut a small jig out of thick sheet and started wrapping round it in the middle of the long side, went all the way round it back to the first corner, glued it to itself and snipped it off. Then cut a load of short slats to become the treads and glued 3 into each frame. This was fiddly and a reet pain in the ar$e and the least successful operation yet.... although I can't decide whether this is down to the fiddliness of it, my inexperience or the fact I was half cut... ???:D

Anyway, I made all six in the end and glued them onto a length of square section rod and glued that to the underside of the original floorpan.

I also used the original MTX exhaust, trimmed the second bend off it, cut the top off the original Britains exhaust and tacked it onto the bonnet. This is something else I think I'll have to re-do, the TM versions have a heat shield running up pretty well the whole pipe so this thick & thin one looks wrong to me....

I took the tyres off to get a bit of primer on the wheels.... cocked up the thinning ratio though so it don't look great, will get this right next time.... Used something Ian said about boiling the tyres to get them back on, brilliant trick, went on easier than they came off....

Still a bit to do on the back of the cab frame, need to thicken up the crossmember where I filed it to sit into the arches, they seem to have been pushed out by the cab interior a bit....

post-1414-132638934049_thumb.jpg

post-1414-132638934055_thumb.jpg

Thanks Pete, appreciate it. I'm quite looking forward to doing the 40's too, feel I ought to build a proper Vicon Haybob 300HD to hang off the back of the 6640 too, that would be a very nice scene.... ;D

As an aside, it's really rewarding to post work up on here and get such enthusiasm and kind comments back about it from everyone who's dropped in to have a look, really encourages me to do more.....And I would say I'm not the only one to share that sentiment either. Thanks a lot guys... :)

And it more than makes up for Mrs H's complete lack of understanding or interest in it!!  ;):D :D :D