Simons New Holland TM 155 - FINISHED??? Almost!!!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sean, means a lot coming from you, not sure I believe you couldn't do better having seen your conversions mate!!!  ;D

no you have to know the tractors to make them, hence why i do fergys, fords jsut aint really my thing, hence why i am strugling a little with the 965 at the min, i dont know them as much as the fergys i am used to, hope that makes sence

A slightly random question but do you have any pictures showing the top of the cab on the real thing, is it anything like the 70 series cab roof but more rounded?

Should also add, liking that a lot especially what you have done to the cab. I mean to have a go at something myself, but not to ambitious.

I hate spot the differnce when i can.t see it straight away!!!

Is it to do with the bonnet?

Might be.... the only original Britains part is bound to be wrong... ;):D :D

A slightly random question but do you have any pictures showing the top of the cab on the real thing, is it anything like the 70 series cab roof but more rounded?

Should also add, liking that a lot especially what you have done to the cab. I mean to have a go at something myself, but not to ambitious.

You can sort of see it in the photos I posted above. It has less pronounced overhangs over the side windows and slopes off more at the edges. It does have a flat rim running all the way round which I've not got right... may try, may not...

Yer he's lieing Simon. ;D

Who asked you carrot-boy.... :D :D :D :D

I think you are going in the right direction mate so just keep going  ;) ;)

Cheers Pete, your encouragement is helping me slog on mate!!  :)

Right, I'm knocking off for the evening, have a meeting in the morning then might swing by the bike show at the NEC....  ;)

Been fiddling and fettling this evening. With a bit of pressure it all sits together level and square now...

Made another set of mudguard extensions which now turn back up inside the arches on the inside, they just need folding in a bit when they're finally fitted.

Was also trying to work out how to support the back of the floorpan & cab.... rather than packing it up I've knocked together a rudimentary cab suspension at the back which stops it squatting down. It still seems to sit a bit high but I think that's because the steering column on the MTX chassis is too far back and pushes the cab and floorpan toward the back of the tractor.....not to mention the fact that when I sheeted over it I made it too big.... not even Tris could get between the dash and the side console in this one!!  :D

I've rubbed down the primer and the satin on the cab frame, needs a blow over now but I think I'll have to try a different primer on the floorpan as it doesn't seem to stick.... needs to be some sort of etch primer I guess...... I'll post some photos up tomorrow afternoon if I get the chance, starting to look like a tractor now... ;);D

It's the transformation of the Britains cab into a proper pillar/post with flush glass cab which you have made from it which makes this model I think. Alot of work but a great disguise, the rest of the model is spot on mind. I just like how you have totaslly refabbed the Britains cab while still using it as a base.  8)

It's the transformation of the Britains cab into a proper pillar/post with flush glass cab which you have made from it which makes this model I think. Alot of work but a great disguise, the rest of the model is spot on mind. I just like how you have totaslly refabbed the Britains cab while still using it as a base.  8)

Ta Tris, if the idea works out it will be a good looking result.... I've got to finish it first though.... ;) To answer your other question, no idea, I'll check with Mrs H and text you later....

looking good simon i must say the tm is my favourite NH i think  :P :P

some job your making cant wait to see her done 8) 8)

Cheers Murray, hope I do it justice.... this topic's been hanging around a while now... there's a fair bit of anticipation!!!  :D

come on simon keep it going now mate we have to see this finished because its looking very well  :)

I'm trying Chris.... I'm not as fast as you lot...!!!  :D :D

Strengths and honor Simon  :D :D :D

Thanks Pete, will try not to let you down mate.. ;);D

Anyway, I was waiting for my boss to pick me up the other day to go to the motorbike show so thought I'd blow over the cab frame again, looks a lot better now I must say.... I'll try to get it glazed this week and get some photos up, then I just need to detail the interior and get that bonnet painted.... and then.... we'll be pretty well finished.. :o :o :D :D

Coming on strong Simon!

Cheers Johny, and you get going on that 6170, I like them...  ;)

looking really well now all you need

is just a lick of paint on her

Thanks Mark, paint's on its way, need to get some primer to do the bonnet and then we'll be getting somewhere...  :)

just adding the arch extensions make sa huge difference to the whole thing mate

Amazingly it did make a difference, I know it was a cheat to do them in black but it did give it a boost. I'm pretty pleased with the front fenders too, that's taken it on a jump....