FORD 6600 & MF 595 GIFT SET

tractorman314

JUST GOT THIS GIFT SET DOWN FROM THE LOFT, AND WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE COULD GIVE ME IDEA OF WHAT THEY THINK IT MAYBE WORTH .THE MODELS IN THE BOX ARE IN MINT CONDITION,BUT THE BOX IS IN GOOD CONDITION ,BUT SLIGHTLY TATTY

AROUND THE CORNERS WITH ABOUT A 2" SPLIT ON ONE EDGE.

HOPE SOMEBODY HAS  AN IDEA IF THEY HAVE ONE THEMSELVES, OR HAVE SEEN ONE SOLD RECENTLY.

tractorman314.

I sold the same set not as good nick about 18 months ago  :(when the item was not fo sale just display at a local model fair) but this dealer twisted my arm to let him have it for 250 quid i was reasonably happy although may well be worth more, yours looks in better nick than mine was. Great set though.

DOE'S ANYONE HAVE THE ABOVE SET BUT WITH DIFFERENT TRACTORS IN ,FORD TW 20 & DEUTZ DX110.THIS SET WAS ONLY AVAILABLE IN 1982 & 83.I DONT THINK I HAVE EVER SEEN A SET AVAILABLE AT TOYFAIRS, AND I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING SINCE

1993.WOULD BE GREAT TO KNOW IF ANYBODY HAS THIS OTHER SET ,AND IF THEY HAVE COULD THEY POST SOME PIC'S.

tractorman314.

Its been scrapped.....I think, or will be very soon

They do an equestrian one, forgot about that too, not cheap at ?20 though!

The new style defender will be put in the set soon.

Thats why I've seen the boxed set at ?5 a time then.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Neither do I (not that I would have room for them now!).  When I started collecting seriously in the late eighties, nobody seemed very interested in the 70's and 80's sets;  sellers were having to price them at less than the sum of the contents to get rid of them.  I had several chances of various of the large single tractor sets with either Ford 6600, MF 595, Deutz DX110 or Fiat 880 for around £25 each.  With hindsight, I should have bought them all!

The two tractor sets were quite expensive, so I don't imagine there was a big market for them originally, so I doubt if they were produced in great numbers.  Certainly rarely seen now.

I remember buying that set from Battle toy shop (whenever it had been out for a while) when I noticed that the rear wheels on the tractors were the "windowed" type and mine were the earlier solid versions. I remember it stretched me financially for a few weeks and nearly didn't buy it.