Fordson 171F

Andy

I wondered how much this would finally go for last night,

Its the box with the elusive 171F on that took it so high I think, although I thought that the 171/172 fordsons were in power major boxes and not super major?  :-\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6990857870&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Sorry to all you serious collectors out there, but you could by an old Fergie for that money and drive it! :o

Surely thats a lot more fun than packing a model away in the loft or letting it sit on a shelf? I know it will go up in value.

I suppose I'm jealous I don't have the money needed to collect decent stuff! :)

Sorry to be so bitter and twisted I just think that this price is well over the top for a model. :)

Glad I bought one in 1989 for ?25 at a Railway meeting in London - guy did not know what to ask for it.

Now I would defiantly be happy if that was me!!! :):D

I hope no one takes offence to my earlier post it was not a criticism of model collectors. Just amazement at what someone will pay for a model.

SORRY.

Now I would defiantly be happy if that was me!!! :):D

I hope no one takes offence to my earlier post it was not a criticism of model collectors. Just amazement at what someone will pay for a model.

SORRY.

i dont take offence!!!! ;):) :) :), i'm also amazed at the amount someone will spend on a model, i have my limits but i guess they have the money to spend!!!

although even if i did have the cash, not sure it would be on my list!  :) :)

Guest quangova

Its the box with the elusive 171F on that took it so high I think, although I thought that the 171/172 fordsons were in power major boxes and not super major?? :-\

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6990857870&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Andy its the right box for this version which was the 2nd release made from 1961 to 1963 and was a labled a Fordson Super Major, the first edition made from 1959 to 1960 was boxed as a Power Major.  The main difference between the first and 2nd release is that the headlights were radiator mounted rather then on the side and new decals.  Both had the cat number 171F, but towards the end of the production run of the 2nd model Britains introduced new coding (ref 9526) so as you say that's probably why this one went for such a high price.

?840 - wow that is some price :o - You must have some disposable to be able to shell out that kind of money on a model - but I bet the new owner is happy with his/her purchase.  Farm toys like this are a better investment that putting your money in the building society I reckon (provided you know what you are doing of course) - My wife kicks my arse at anything over ?40 - that would be a divorce settlement for me I reckon. ;)

I'll show her this to try and lessen the blow next time I get caught spending over the odds (Brian Norman 1200 awaiting collection as we speak !!!) - So in a way this buyer has done me a major (no pun intended) favour  ;D

Guest quangova

well ive just spent ?6500 on a new kitchen, but in my view i would have gladley spect that on the model instead, though my other half would not be of the same view...!

Its the box with the elusive 171F on that took it so high I think, although I thought that the 171/172 fordsons were in power major boxes and not super major?? :-\

'still got mine from when I had it in the early 60's although it was professinally refurbished in the mid 80's Box is the 171F :)