MF 2680 re vamp

instead of asking for comments on this i will word it as 'what faults can you find with this'

just got it out the loft and the wheels had melted since i rebuilt it so i did a quick wheel swap today

it can be found for sale in the classified section

bit negative mike :D :D :D :D cant see uch wrong with her, they the same wheels as marcus used recently siku ones was it, certainly adds a chuncky purposfull look to it

bit negative mike :D :D :D :D cant see uch wrong with her, they the same wheels as marcus used recently siku ones was it, certainly adds a chuncky purposfull look to it

last posts i added were all pulled apart so i thought throw it the other way, whats wrong then it makes better reading ;D

yes saw the mod on her and seen i had bad wheel melt i thought i would try it, not trying to take the glory, saw it was a good idea and copied, worked out well :)

Nice Mike, I wasn't a big fan of the original model, but then after seeing a few real ones I regret getting shot of the models. This one looks really smart mate, not over done, wheels suit it a treat.... top dollar mate.... oh, and can't spot anything wrong with it.... maybe Ferguson will be able to spot something... ;);D

Nothing wrong with that Mike... The patented Barret wheel swap works a treat on this little lady.  It makes it a much more purposeful tractor.  I tell you what I'd like to see... the early 1979 decalled version as well.. didn't someone do that a while back as well ???

(I mean the one with the BIG M and F on the decal)

i did a 2640 in that style marky, stonleigh chassis colour not the later charcoal one

Of course you did mate...For some reason I was thinking it was someone else... did Luke make one as well from memory - or was his a 2620 2wd ???

I am getting old  :-[

Can we see some pics pwease Mr P...  ???;D

Of course you did mate...For some reason I was thinking it was someone else... did Luke make one as well from memory - or was his a 2620 2wd ???

I am getting old  :-[

Can we see some pics pwease Mr P...  ???;D

here you go mate, think the 2wd ones in the same topic to mate

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=15345.msg263327#msg263327

don't know about you mike but from the rear the whole tractor looks so much bigger with the wider tyres on , it also sit's a few mm's higher  :)

it sure does, it was a great idea of yours using the wheels, hope you didnt mind me using the idea ;) removing the front mudguards also helps make the tractor look bigger!

it sure does, it was a great idea of yours using the wheels, hope you didnt mind me using the idea ;) removing the front mudguards also helps make the tractor look bigger!

couse not mike , although i'm sure im not the first to do this either !

yes removing the mudguard does make a marked difference to the look of the tractor & yer right their absence increases the bulkiness of the tractor.

sean front mudguards are retro fitted as they weren't offered as a standard fitting although i'm sure you could have specified them as an option although front mudguards wern't really a common sight in the uk at the time unlike euroland , anyway these old busses arn't a favourite for road work so rarely go fast enough to flick the dirt up !

the 2640 /80, still one of my favourites to work with & a great model to have