7930 remote control

ford 8830

have had one for a while now and i am disapointed with it, the bonnet colour does not match the rest of the tractor and the battery looks stupid. just wondered if anyone knows whether the siku battery would work in it as this would be less c**p :D :D

are many of these about? starbrush rang me today to say he had one and was trying to wind me up about the fact! he says there a good tractor for the price and look fairly good, he is giving the 7930 a good field test tonight and is going to report back to me tomorro ;) any one any feedback on them?

Hmmm, that battery is gonna kill it for me.... and remember how we all said 'oh no, they wouldn't dream of releasing it with an aerial like that one it....' well, surprise surprise.... ::)

Visually, I have to admit, it looks good from the front and the cab interior looks good, but from the back it looks like a mobility scooter.... just needs an orange fluorescent triangle flapping off the top of the aerial so it can be seen in traffic. What a terrible shame, Siku triumph again....

What's it go like anyway Mike...? I guess the proof is in the pudding... Linkage ok etc?

right for my view on it, for the money ok, must say the siku is a better model but both are very simular, the batterys look the same except the britains is twice as big, they both fit into each brands tractor :o but wont run!

the control unit isnt as good as the siku, but the britains tractor speed can be controlled better as not to go as fast, has engine sounds and a reversing beeper (naf) light and a horn, its more for kids in my view, overall 6/10

any questions please ask

turning circle slightly better than siku, it has a dial for re alining the front wheels as the keep going out of line when you use it ::) (better to make it right rather than a dial to put it to centre as you use it)

re hitch, usual britains cr@p, will just lift a peanut about 3mm :( im maybe been harsh on it but i wouldnt let a kid under 8 play with it as its all plastic, the chassie and the lot :o great as a item to say you have in ya collection but i wont buy any others they may release

I think kids will enjoy it. Ive got one heading your way for a review simon, but not before having a go! ;) A mates 6yr old had a good half hour playing with it and was pretty happy. Its most certainly not aimed at us adult kiddies. Definitely a young person toy.

I think kids will enjoy it. Ive got one heading your way for a review simon, but not before having a go! ;) A mates 6yr old had a good half hour playing with it and was pretty happy. Its most certainly not aimed at us adult kiddies. Definitely a young person toy.

i wonder if toptractor are selling them now probably not they look good enough like but i think the only thing that is spoiling it would be the battery it is too big and the wire sticking out they should have it in the exhaust pipe or something 

The battery I was told is different to the siku one, they wanted one that lasts longer by all accounts so the only place it could go is where it is. I think there target audience being ages 3 - 12 also played a part with the battery being on the back.

What is wrong with you lot.   This is a TOY.  It was designed to be a TOY. It is not a collectors model.  There wouldn't be much point in making a radio controlled model simply to stand on a collectors shelf (though I imagine a fair few will!

I don't see the aerial as a problem (and at the Toyfair they said it would be altered, and it has been - the one on the show version was like an upturned parsnip.  The new one doesn't really show up badly enough to detract too much from the look of the thing).  The battery is that size to give it a longer running time.  Viewed as a toy, I see no problem with this.

It may be all plastic, but still seems pretty robust nonetheless.  My only concern is that with a limited warranty of only 60 days, it gives the impression that Ertl/Britains don't expect them to work for long!  

I agree that when viewed in comparison with the Siku one, it falls short in some respects, including the price.  At about two thirds of the price of the Siku one, I think this will sell very well.  I feel the Siku one has always been limited by the price.  

The one big disappointment is that such a thing was not available to me when I was a child and could make best use of it :)  

i disagre its for kids, it wont stand up to 3 year olds! i had a 3 year old having a go with it today and the motors wont take abuse, they sreamed out if they hit an obstruction! i wasnt after it as a collectors item, just to use like my siku ones at shows etc but it dosnt make the grade im afraid. 60 day warranty (wasnt aware) says it all in my view ::) i arnt against britains, look at my collection, 80% is britains.

Well if you let a young goat loose with it.... :D

To be fair to them. Whilst it may be rated for 3 year olds, it is probably aimed more at 7 years and upwards.  I certainly wouldn't let a 3 year old have one, or the Siku for that matter.  It is up to parents to judge what is suitable for their child, and that doesn't necessarily tally with the manufacturers rating!

At under £50 it will sell in its own right.  Yes, Britains could have made it stronger and more detailed.  Trouble then is that it would have to be priced the same as, and compete directly with the Siku, and it is doubtful nif there is room for both manufacturers to sell in the same sector.  We will have to wait and see how it stands up, but I would think the protoypes have been given a fairly hard testing already.

We'll have to see what the oracle that is Model Farmer mag says about it...  ;)

It seems wise to pitch the price below Siku, for one the Siku is too expensive and I fail to see how Britains could compete with Siku if they were costed like for like.

I await it's arrival eagerly so I can give it a good going over, be interesting to see how it performs against the Siku on things like range, operating ease etc.

I'll let those who haven't had a crack know what it goes like in the new year, in an even handed and thorough manner of course!  ;);D

well i aint got either this or the siku one, but going by the review it will be save a bit more and go siku., saw a axion set the other day and recon i will go for that rather than the jd, real shame they didnt work a new hitch in with this give it a bit more lift, but i guess for 7 year olds ,they will be happy, noise ect on it,