Peter make me one of these

Rick

Looks like a spider.... that'd be terrifying coming at you.....Is the Amish farm assuption a bit of American humour as in cart wheels, or is it a genuinely Amish machine... thought they just used rakes or am I confusing them with someone else...???:-\ Us Brits don't get your ultra sharp yankee humour you see, bit refined for us....  ;) ;) :D :D :D;D

On the subject of the Amish farmers, they do grow GM crops. If you saw Jimmy's programme the other night you would have seen the interesting section on the Amish. Conflicting standards.

i thought the amish kept away from mdoern machinery like that full stop, certainly not a rubber thing as most of the horse and carts i have seen them use have small rubber wheels on them, along with woodern ones, they dont have cars why have a honking great case like that

I can assure you all that this has nothing to do with Amish, you did see this in france quite a bid years back it helps to break up the soil, also here in Holland they used to do this especially putting on fertilizer in early spring, think about this you leave no tire tracks were water can stay in.

I will see iff i can find some more pic's, the name off these things are cage wheels.

Erik.

I can assure you all that this has nothing to do with Amish, you did see this in france quite a bid years back it helps to break up the soil, also here in Holland they used to do this especially putting on fertilizer in early spring, think about this you leave no tire tracks were water can stay in.

I will see iff i can find some more pic's, the name off these things are cage wheels.

Erik.

Thanks Erik,never seen that before  :-\ ;)

Cage wheels were quite common in the 70's and 80's but they were usually added on to the existing wheels, I have never seen a tractor on total cage wheels before  :-\ :-\ :-\ it does look a trifle strange to say the least 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

sean i think the amish do tend to avoin modern machinery so i've heard , but it's the menonite comunity that wont have pneumatic tyres or indeed rubber on their land  read this some where ?..........................? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

darren tebbit in CT went to the states !

had a pic of a C-IH maxum5140 ? on steel spade wheels , even when a dealer comes with a new tractor , wooden boards are put down to change from tyres to steels . but apparently lots of waranty claims are being submitted as steel has no give as opposed to rubber & the transmissions aren't liking it much !