PORKYS FARM

sparrow legs

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont forget a muck heap either mate, all pig farms have them, looking good for a start,

been looking at space for a muck heap, hard to fit in but it will have to be there!

had another play tonight, slight change around :-X as i say im no pig farmer so its all made up as i go!

look good mate

looking well for a british pig sty

are you keeping the britains fence or adding your own?

the small siku telehandler thats coming out will be perfect for that farm  ;)

`

Stephen's right, it will Mike, a little pig unit I used to trim hedges for had one. Suit your layout very well. Better get that one on your wish list  ;)

That could easily turn into quite a busy little stand alone display, Mike. It's a bit similar to Marcus' layout at Toytrac '07. He likes to use Britains stuff only to show what can be achieved with straight out of the box 'toys'.

Better get some piggy wiggies now then (before the laoder form Siku  ;) )

most small pig farms will have a small loader tractor rather than a telehandler, more pratical for getting into the pig units, as trhe isles aint usally as wide as cattle units, we used a 125 ,others like the farm i just stayed on use a for 4000 ,small old ,nothing to worry about units for s dirty job

most small pig farms will have a small loader tractor rather than a telehandler, more pratical for getting into the pig units, as trhe isles aint usally as wide as cattle units, we used a 125 ,others like the farm i just stayed on use a for 4000 ,small old ,nothing to worry about units for s dirty job

skid steer is a handy machine around small units ;) or an old fordson and loader ;)

Could you fit a muck pad here Mike... ??? Sorry, don't know much about pig units!! :D

my units changed and i never moved a single thing :o nice idea, gives it a different look but i have 5 of those pig units to fit in, not just the two ;) loader looks to small and too clean :D

only a start, piles of muck, mud and pigs to come ;)

you could prob gain space by haveing the filed with the cattle ring as yard earea mike??? not many mixed pig / cattle farms arround, and you wouldnt need a cattle ring with straw in for free range porkers either, usally just a plain grass filed which they wreck,or a grain field for feed making themselfs

here's mine mike , the majority of my displays use what are termed as 'off the shelf items' obviously as a display grows then the more self made sheds & equipment is used .

first 16 pics are mine

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=18460.msg324939#msg324939

liking the idea of the pig unit  as an attachment to your main display, it will add that extra dimension to you farm, nice size to start with as well but I'm sure you'll keep adding to it once you think it's finished  :D it's inevitable , looks good keep it going mate  :)