Jump to content

Versatile 1156 designation 6 Finished at last


Recommended Posts

Cheers,bought it years ago,when the only alternative was Britains,but I never really liked it,actually I gave it away to my cousin,but got it back off him yesterday,now with all the various web sites selling spares I thought I'd have a go at "pimping it up"

Regards

Joe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well.got the beast in bits,the tyres/wheels are absolute rubbish,I split one of the tyres just removeing them  ???,their HARD plastic,to think I paid £45-50 on it about Ten years ago  :o, but,it should make a nice convo,only thing is there's nothing big enough to go on the back of it  ;)

Beastinbits.jpg

But like I said,it'll be 2009 before it's finished,better buy some Christmas pressies before I lash out on bits for this  ::)

Regards

Joe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

;D Well finally got this thing finished,took two months just to get the bit's from Germany,and the order was wrong !!,but that's another story,at last,this is what I hoped to see when I opened the Scale Models box twelve years ago,but now it looks like a proper tractor "model"

New11562.jpg

New11563.jpg

New11564.jpg

New11565.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow thats one nice piece of tractor

can you tell me what pieces you used

cheers

Reece

Reece the tractor is nearly all original,just stripped and re-painted,with the original steps ground off and replaced with hand made brass ones,the winscreen was a pain but I made that from 2mm thick perspex at the front and the triangular rear was made from thin plastic packageing from some nail clippers !! ,well I knackered the old one's cutting thin brass wire,the light's came from PMA32,and the wheels / tyres came from the Tamiya mini 4x4's although the one's I was going to use were from Baerney's,but a mix up in ordering meant I only received 2 instead of 8

Now that is looking very nice :o:)

What did you make the exsaust out of ???

Massey Boy the exhaust is made out of 6mm diameter aluminium inside 10mm diameter brass tube sqeezed in the vise to make it oval then painted with grey primer,then lightly sprayed with matt white then airbrushed with a mix of Humbrol Matt 70,Matt 187 and Gold 54

Regards

Joe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huge improvment over the old version  8) 8) Boy does that look like it can pull, great work  ;)

Hi Luke,I hope it can pull it's getting hooked up to this

Centaur1.jpg

Centaur2.jpg

Once I work out how to make it fold,thanks to Marcus for the idea,

that very nice work love it where did you get the backgrounds i could do with a few,paul

Paul backgrounds available here http://www.ontracks.co.uk/index.php?page=product&prodID=20800&catID=266

Thank you for all the positive comments,makes it all worth while,forgot to mention earlier,it actually has a scale Cummins engine in it,I discovered it in an old 1/25th scale Peterbilt I made years ago,wrong scale but it fitted a treat,

Regards

Joe,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.