Forgotten pics from october (ploughing)

britainsnut

good pics again some ploughs cant be that bad down there every plough is 5 or more furrows  8) feel sorry for the boy in the renult must be a bugger turning that plough when hes so far along harder to turn now that hes closer to the fence

bit of over kill on them last pics though our contractor works a 7920 and 7 furrow reversible kverneland and a 6830 with a 5 furrow reversible kverneland  7920 handles the 7 no bother so i am suprised to see them with so little ploughs

One thing to notice is that although the tractors are different colours all the ploughs are the same make, Kvernland  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Either they are a good plough or they have a good local dealer  :D :D

bit of over kill on them last pics though our contractor works a 7920 and 7 furrow reversible kverneland and a 6830 with a 5 furrow reversible kverneland  7920 handles the 7 no bother so i am suprised to see them with so little ploughs

got to look at the big picture here murray, just because you see two big tractors with regular size ploughs in a flat field with good soil doesn't mean that the other side of the estate or contract area hasn't got some steep ground with some evil soil & ground conditions, of which one of these tractors with a big 10 furrow semi mounted plough would go absolutely nowhere.

eg: i used to operate a JD7810 approx 175 HP but we only had 10tonne grain trailers , not as you'd expect the bigger 12-15 tonne ones why ? because a lot of the farm was on steep chalk. when the chalk got wet or damp, it was enough to get a grip with 10 tonnes behind us , any more than that we'd have struggled especially going down hill.

i had an overum 5F rev plough to pull with it, of course it could have pulled more , but not on that ground 

Nice pair of deeres in the last pictures.......and Lord Fergusons house in the background  ;D:P

I liked the pair of deeres with Rockingham Castle in the background also ;)

great pics!!!, loving the last few ones as well  :) :)

Cheers Ben, always try my best  ;D

Is that allone farm?  :o :o :o

Or you just out and about??

This was several farm while out and about over a couple of days ;)

One thing to notice is that although the tractors are different colours all the ploughs are the same make, Kvernland  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) Either they are a good plough or they have a good local dealer  :D :D

Youre right i hadnt noticed that what a coincidence considering theyre completely different farms in different areas :)