jd 965 combine

straw chopper or not  

69 members have voted

1. 1. straw chopper or not

• yes fit a chopper
    • no leave her without

been working on this for a while now, but had a few probs with the side pannels, until last weekend that is,previous pics were in the workbench topic, but i think from now on she can have her own topic, as you can see loads still to do, but i have cracked the side pannels where the steps up to the engine bay ect are now, which tool agaes as i hadnt bought the side of the grain tank down far enough ,was same drop  as the auger side which was wrong ,and thus throwing theses out

also not overly happy with the front wheels, right diameter ,but prob a little to wide and wrong hubs, so the hunt goes on for sutiable ones for this, any got any ideas

001-3.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

sorry... I go with the chopper, ever one of these I worked on in my JD fitter dayshad a chopper, even if not used

but that looks the dogs mate :'( nice work

i know what you mean, my uncle works for jd and hes said chooper, as most were fitted with them?? yet the one i got pics of didnt have one, 

Big respect Sean, that's coming up roses mate, going to be making a lot of people green when it's finished I reckon.

I don't have an opinion on the chopper incidentally, we've never had them on our combines as we bale all the straw. I can't see Ash Tree farm chopping theirs though..... ;)

how to solve yer problem sean ?

make the chopper demountable  ;)

they always were mate, seen them with the side extension panles for the drive bexts fitted, but no chopper on it,

going by the vote its no chopper by the looks of it, which does help with a little less  work, going to start the tines for the header tonight, got some wire from work, calculated i need approx 150 of them all hand twisted :o :o :o thats without any i drop or bugger up while making them :D :D :D

Looks well Sean!!  ;)

I have to say, I'm hankering after my workshop after spending the past year working on my house....  :(

glad to hear you are mate, we have missed your work of late, so pmc pea harvestor then?? go on you know you want to

That looks ace! ;D Till this year we had 3 JD 1075 combines. If you add a chopper you will need to add an extra belt cover on the left side of the machine. ;)

that will be the next build after my second mf combine, got plans drawn up for a mf 29, same sort of size as the 965/mf625 spuer 2 i have

they always were mate, seen them with the side extension panles for the drive bexts fitted, but no chopper on it,

going by the vote its no chopper by the looks of it, which does help with a little less  work, going to start the tines for the header tonight, got some wire from work, calculated i need approx 150 of them all hand twisted :o :o :o thats without any i drop or bugger up while making them :D :D :D

Tell me about it - I need to do 240 tines for my CX820!  I have an idea how to do them, just not sure whether to have plastic reel bars or metal...

Tell me about it - I need to do 240 tines for my CX820!  I have an idea how to do them, just not sure whether to have plastic reel bars or metal...

you need some nice .4mm or.5mm copper telephone wire mate, bends round a nail a treat, puls tight with 2 sets of pliers giving you the loop / spring effect, and lot eaiser to work with that brass wire cuts easy peasy to with a small set of nippers,thats what i use and did on the 625 as well