jd 965 combine

straw chopper or not  

69 members have voted

1. 1. straw chopper or not

• yes fit a chopper
    • no leave her without

got another 40 tines made up this morn, and also got a bit of colour on her to now, managed to get the primer on last night arround 8ish which has helped no end, wheels are also in yellow now, although only just done so no pics, but heres the chassis/main body as she stands at the moment

004-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

have to say, using a yellow primer/filler primer under the green and the yellow wheels as recomended by the dealer does give a lovely jd looking green, very deep looking and far better than the 3140 which i used grey on as i didnt have the yellow one

• Like 1

Not crticising Sean but is that green not a little pale - more Deutz green than JQ green. Maybe the top coat darkens it mate ???

Looks much better with some paint on it though ;D

might be overlighting mate, had the spray booth spot on and the camera flash went as well, but its a lot better in natural light,infont of the window  ,paints proper jd stuff not a match from halfords, so should be good for it

So how many coats will seh take mate?

Looking nice with some colour  ;) ;)

thats it for the body jez, doesn't need any more that i can see, apart from the underside to cover the primer, but might not even bother with that as you can't see it

it deff loks more jd green in natural light i must say, will try and get a pic tommorrow infront of the window

thats it for the body jez, doesn't need any more that i can see, apart from the underside to cover the primer, but might not even bother with that as you can't see it

it deff loks more jd green in natural light i must say, will try and get a pic tommorrow infront of the window

Now we talking Sean  :o :o i think definitely that it is overlightning because i had the same problem  ;)

cheers for the comments lads, shes getting there for sure, few pics now its dried, i nnatural light, also one of the 3140 for comparison, deffinatly seems to have dried darker i must say

001-3.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

and the 3140 for comparison,looks the same shade, but the combine seems to have a lot deeper look to the colour, not sure if its the primer i used as its had the same number of coats as the 3140

006-3.jpg

you knever know murray

yeah its pretty amazing how just letting it dry darkens it up, apparently gavs found the same with the jd paint, must confess i put it down to overlighting ,but i was a tad worried after colm noticed it looked light,

well today i also got a good amount done on the header, now only 4 sections of times left to fit, total of 36 left to make and do, also got the piping on for the hydralics and the reeel support ready for the fitting,drive belt wheel for one ends made and started the upright belt bit with 2 pullys ect on to, just need a pic of the back of the header so i can see where / how the drive goes for the header 

you knever know murray

yeah its pretty amazing how just letting it dry darkens it up, apparently gavs found the same with the jd paint, must confess i put it down to overlighting ,but i was a tad worried after colm noticed it looked light,

well today i also got a good amount done on the header, now only 4 sections of times left to fit, total of 36 left to make and do, also got the piping on for the hydralics and the reeel support ready for the fitting,drive belt wheel for one ends made and started the upright belt bit with 2 pullys ect on to, just need a pic of the back of the header so i can see where / how the drive goes for the header  

I will see what i can find mate  ;)

I will see what i can find mate  ;)

ta jez, have a sneeky feeling how it goes, these were chain driven from memory,cog on the pick up end with a shaft of the end of that to the end of the header/drive belts ect,chain down the pick up from the drive on the combine

cheers jezzy baby, will know something up now, was hoping to do it tommorrow but the boss wants to go to the kensy shopping village now >:( >:(>:( something shes seen and wants me to look at before she buys :D :D doesnt stop her normally i must say must be expensive i and i have to pay

pto shaft it is, along with dividers on sunday

I'm amazed at the difference lighting can make to a photograph. The colour looked all wrong but now it looks great, perfect even. Going to look a corker with the Deere on the straw hood and the yellow banding down each side. 8):)

hope so tris, been tinkering with paint shop tonight for the decals, will size them in plain paper first before i print in colour, might even send the template away to mr walker seeing as he has the font ect already also test fitted the black rubber/cloth skirt round the backend to before i stopped,

had a day of the tines today after 2 days worth of work on them ,only got 30 odd to make and fit so thats an eves work, been adding bits to the header today, drive wheels crop dividers , cutter bar  got to make the pto drive on the bacy yet, but thats easy enough dividers are removable ,also got to add the last hydralic piping metal ones that is, then the rubbers go on after paint,will fit skid plates on the underside to before paint, then its cab internals and cab roof, along with header trailer

001-4.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

• Like 1