marshall vesuvius vantage 2000 spreader

started on this today, will see how i get on now the easy bit, the body, is out of the way :-\, slurry door rear beaters and pusher ram next, i think this one may take a while ::) have a look at the real deal as i don't know how common these spreaders are to all you southerners ;), pretty good idea i think really as it's a maintainence free floor with only a ram that has to be attended to.

www.marshall-trailers.co.uk

post-466-132638986324_thumb.jpg

post-466-132638986333_thumb.jpg

Nice Nice Nice Toyboy, you should be broken more often  :D :D

When you going to try brass then??

you must be joking jez, terrified of the stuff, think it must be the fear of the unknown :D i think i would have to see someone actually doing it in front of my eyes to actually learn how to do it, the only soldering experience i have is with those plumbing fitting joints that already have the solder inside them, at least they are very nearly idiot proof :D;)

looking good toyboy, i think these spreaders are supposed to be quite good, but i have heard of a few people who have filled them with muck without putting the door back ::) ::)::)

:D :D :D :D hadn't actually thought of that andy, obviously no auto return mechanisim on it then, serious numpty moment if you did that!!!!! what would be the remedy for that then, four hours, a grape and a sore back :D :D NIGHTMARE :o

:D :D :D :D hadn't actually thought of that andy, obviously no auto return mechanisim on it then, serious numpty moment if you did that!!!!! what would be the remedy for that then, four hours, a grape and a sore back :D :D NIGHTMARE :o

i think you would be able to get some out with the loader but the bulk of it would have to throwen out with a fork. :D its bad enough tring to dig out the back beaters on a standard rear discharge let alone empting the whole thing ::)

i think you would be able to get some out with the loader but the bulk of it would have to throwen out with a fork. :D its bad enough tring to dig out the back beaters on a standard rear discharge let alone empting the whole thing ::)

You just got to be a dab hand on a 360deg machine Andy. First, empty out as much as you can with the bucket, then get the edge of the bucket hooked round one of the beaters and you can turn them round by pulling the arm in. You won't breeak anything because by that time the sheer bolt has already blown  ;D

I learn't it the hard way  ::):D

so mate, will we be seeing the working rear door, and the pushing section  to?????

saw one of thess down here before xmas, certainly not the biggest in the range, looked pretty new and un-used as well

thats the plan sean will just have to see how nimble my fingers are when i get round to it ;)

• 6 months later...

Oh yes!! A fine looking spreader by any standards. How did you find doing the rear beaters?

bloody nightmare ::):D, never again. oh well i think the end result was worth it, cant wait to see it painted and decaled