Gav's Farm

Gav836

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a bit more today, unfortunately for Martin the potatoes are all done in house so there's no land for him to rent :D in fact its the potato field that I've been working on today, only a small bit to start with but I'm quite pleased with how its turned out so far. Th ridges were made with 12mm window beading and then covered with scatter material. They will be getting another coat of scatter once the glue has dried on this coat :)

Not to worry Gav, I'll have to find some fields elsewhere for the fleet to work........ :D;)

Looking good though mate, tattie layouts I'm always interested in........ :) :)

Yes!!

Of all the people on this Forum who are guilty of not starting a display years ago Gav, you are at the top of the list. I have no doubt this will carry on as you have started it and we will see a fine layout from you.

About. . ..  Bruddy. .. .. Time!!!  ::):) :) :) :)

Cheers Tris, never had the space to do it before :);)

As for todays progress, i've got two more fields sorted on it, one will be a beet field and the other a cereal field. I've also started to put the fencing wire up :)

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0366.jpg

DSCN0367.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0374.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

Love the tree's mate, they are perfectly to scale. ...  What? Oh they are on the curtains?!!  :D :D :D Had to look twice though as they make an ace backdrop. Coming on leaps and bounds, every day is a progress day by the looks of it.

Because I don't have one of my beet harvesters in my collection as yet ;) Buster was too scared to come in there, the power tools laying on the floor scare him :D

Cheers for the comments guys, intend on adding some trees other than the curtains into the layout at some point as well Tris :D

Maybe on the next section Marcus, I don't mant any hills on this bit ;)

Anyway, just a little update, I've now decided that what was the cereal field is now a pasture so have put the herd of Herefords out on it. The field has post and wire fence on the road and dividing side of it and a single wire mock electric fence on the other two. Only one more fence to make now between the yard and beet field until I expand the layout onto the other side of the room :)

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

DSCN0397.jpg

DSCN0401.jpg