Britains 2008 Survey: Results

Andy

You were asked to rank the model ranges available in order from 1 - 10.

So Rank 1 is the top rated model range, rank 10 is the lowest rated model range.

Highest % on each graph denotes the top selected range for that particular rank.

part2a.jpg

part2b.jpg

part2c.jpg

part2d.jpg

part2e.jpg

part2f.jpg

Blimey... what a comprehensive set of statistics boss..... I am sure Britains will be most grateful for that lot - some blooming interesting reading as well...

I'd love to see the same survey done for UH and Wiking as well... would that be possible... indeed... would they be willing to contribute towards the cost of achieving such a comprehensive piece of market research ???

Theres certainly plenty to go at. Have got several questions still to churn through  :'(

I guess the important thing to do is draw a bottom line... and at this stage it appears for Britains case..

Doing ok, collectors still have faith but must do better  ??? What does everyone else think?

I'd agree... they really got 'mediocre' scores Andy... If I was them I would aspire to getting better results than that mind you... bearing in mind this is a hobby... and to that end... buying their goods is 'optional' ....I'd say middle of the road is not good enough

I'd wager that their competitors would get a much higher score... I'd dearly LOVE to see the results for more than one manufacturer.. as above... but I forgot Siku of course  :-[

Very very interesting ... and some surprises...

I am not surprised to see how many people are still buying Britains compared with Siku models as personally speaking that feels about right despite all the flack they get  ;)

Quality of models looks pretty much what we'd expect and needs some work  ;)

Overall very informative  ;)

I was suprised too. It seems that people perhaps percieve ranges such as weise and wiking to be at the forefront of the hobby, but then still collect the Britains items. I guess its the sales that count at the end of the day regardless of whether an item is beautifully crafted or not.

Theres certainly plenty to go at. Have got several questions still to churn through  :'(

I guess the important thing to do is draw a bottom line... and at this stage it appears for Britains case..

Doing ok, collectors still have faith but must do better  ??? What does everyone else think?

well that is amazing your computer skill are amazing

some very intresting results there andy ,not quite what i expected when you see all the sikus better talk ect in some of thos results, hopefully britains can get some usefull info out of that ,and also have some sort of reply to us to with any thing they feel they can improve many thanks for taking the effort to colate all that to must have taken some time to do

Surprised too, RC2 (Britains not really anymore!) did better than i thought, but still close between the two....was it fixed :D :D

seriously though, they still need to pull there finger out like Marky said, its not good enough and sooner or later more will stop buying!!, imagine what hapens when Kentman gives up, he buys all the RC2 stuff....RC2....the 2 will soon be changed to a word with P if they dont take this seriously! ;):( :( :(

im glad RC2 are still up there and siku are following

when you look at the classics

ford 5000 vs the siku grey fergy

the ford looks more realistic

the fergy dosent look right at all and that god awfull front axel on the fergy

need i say more .. i know the fords front axel is solid but the sikus fergy axel is just sooo wrong

even though it steers  :'(

sorry for dissing siku .....i do think they represent modern farm machinery better than rc2 though

as they cater for the lower -100 HP tractors so its not all bad for siku  ;)

as 4 UH they are display models and nothing more realy nice quality

good survey andy  ;) ;) ;) ;)

I found it difficult in some areas because as a brand a rate them (Britains) highly. .. Not for the last 5 - 10 years but for what they gave us for the 40 odd years before that. The golden years of farming were the golden years for Britains and fortunately this built up a hell of a back catalogue of toys which today are prized models.

So when we talk of the brand I rate them highly. When we talk of the last few years, they don't come close to what they were.

I can't agree more Tris on some of the models of the past. There are some lovely models from the 1960's 70's and 80's in my collection. Having said that I'm sticking with Britain's /Ertl for the future.

I can't agree more Tris on some of the models of the past. There are some lovely models from the 1960's 70's and 80's in my collection. Having said that I'm sticking with Britain's /Ertl for the future.

agree Tris, maybe why they are surprisingly up there?? ???:-\ :-\

good on you Bill, they need to keep some money coming in! ;D ;D personally i gave up years ago when the models just got worse and worse, lost some faith in them and i cant see it coming back quickly, at the toyfairs we were told the models on display there were prototypes and things would change......on release date, no different!, i do buy the odd model, last thing though was a landrover from Mandy!, convos, well there different ;) ;)

It Surprised my a little. Britains has the brands case/ih, john deere and new holland. The collectors that like those brands will still buy the britains items. But when Siku or UH could make those brands i think you will see some big changes.

texas

Siku already do make John Deere ::)

They used to have a licence for Case-IH and New Holland, but have not produced anything in the last few years so maybe they don't have that anymore. 

I can't really see what your point is.  The recent items from Ertl/Britains have shown great improvement and no doubt will continue to do so.  They are less expensive than the comparable toys from Siku , so I don't really see their popularity waning anytime in the future.  Although Siku toys are more robust than Ertl/Britains, they are also a bit more expensive, so there is room for both in the market. 

UH are not going to have any effect whatsoever on the toy market because their products are highly detailed and pretty flimsy and look good as a static shelf model, if you can get them out of the box without them breaking. 

I think the survey results tend to support that and show that those who remain hostile to RC2 and everything they produce are in the minority!

Some very interesting results there Andy........ :)

I for one still do buy the Britains models which take my fancy but seem to have swung over to Siku, UH and Weise of late purely becuase of the models they release, attention to detail is obviously there too........My philosophy however, still is, I buy it if it's a model of the real machine that I'm after no matter who the model manufacturer is........ :)

I can't really see what your point is.  The recent items from Ertl/Britains have shown great improvement and no doubt will continue to do so. 

i think what most are getting at is the Siku models are more user friendly with 'playing' with than the recent RC2 stuff at the moment, the RC2 stuff just isnt as good, poor if any turning circles, dodgy hitchs, mediocore implements etc., you can just have more fun at the moment with Siku stuff :-\ :-\

look at the new JD's by RC2 and the current Siku ones, Siku's are so much better in playability ;) ;)

i know how much you love the britains brand, i do too, and hate to see it suffer, but have lost some faith in recent years