The Devon County Show. May 2009.

powerrabbit

This years show will be on Thursday to Saturday inclusive, 21st to 23rd May. The Vintage Tractor & Machinery Special Feature will this year be David Brown. This year is the 70th anniversary of the first tractor that David Brown made of his own, the VAK1 and those of you that take or just read the 'Tractor & Machinery' magazine will probably have read the articles on the tractors. In my capacity of running the Devon Branch of the Club, I have been asked to organize a display of D.B. tractors and the idea will be to attempt to have one of every model on display, this is going to be quite a task and I don't think that we are going to get all of them but we're going to have a good bash at it. At present we have 14 tractors entered and hope that this number will considerably increase by the entry closing date of February 23rd. Not all the owners of the tractors will be attending the show all three days so any of you that are going to the show, make a note of the date and come and see us, and if you are a D.B. fan you might even be commandeered to drive one in the parade ring.

not sure if i can make it or not, despite how close it is of the a38/m5 i always find it awquard to get into compaired to the cornwall show, not sure why, just seems to take ages

Depends on what time you get there Sean. I always find that if you get there around 10am you get in pretty quick.

it could be down to the way they let the traffic flow?? at the cornwall one they have a almost 1 way system set up, so it moves well no matter what time of the day, for me i need to get there early for the devon one to make it worth my while, and its always stacked out