The Best Looking Tractor Ever

JK

Nooooo!  :D :D

To my mind the best looking tractor ever has got to be a Field Marshall S2 or 3, just a classic evocative shape and plain gorgeous.

Bit more modern and I think you've got a toss up between a cabless 165, Ford 7810 III, Fiat F140 or Case 5150 Maxxum....

All these contemporary tractors are a bit too shiny and plasticky and self consciously styled, I don't think they'll age as well as previous attempts....

a little snippet

the 640 was one of the Nastro d'Oro, i would like t know what that means .I was first launched in 1968 ti celebrate 50 years of Fiat tractors.  About 110,000 of these tractors were produced, making it the most widely used model in Fiat's history.  Could this be true?  Source  The Irish Farmer's Journal

here is a very informative site to advise you

http://www.konedata.net/Traktorit/fiat500.htm

Nastro d'oro means gold ribbon [literally ribbon of gold].... quite what that has to do with tractors I don't know.... presumably some commemorative thing.... maybe it meant gold - as in 50 - line - as in range, so 50th anniversary range. I wouldn't have thought it was any more meaningful than something coined in the marketing department at the time....

no lads, best looking tractor ever, wait for it.....

ford 7610 4WD IIIgen ;) ;) ;)

I'll throw my hat in with Matty in this debate then.... the 7610 and 7810 are both equally iconic, just in slightly different ways.

If anything the shorter bonnet and smaller wheels of the 76 look better against the back edge of the cab and its position over the mudguard. The shorter 76 was a chunky little thing. The mudguards and back wheels on the 78 always looked like they should be a couple of inches further back to my mind.... but then what do I know.... I just design stuff for a living  ;):D

Has anyone else noticed that no one has mentioned a County  ??? .... yet if the title was 'Iconic' or 'Most Significant' I bet most of us would have a County in our top 3....  Snub nosed bubble cab one was a looker though... was it a 1484 or something.... I could never follow their bloody numbers... Course there's always the brute 1884.... they were a handsome beast....