The Aughton Valley Collection

nice topic david,certainly have a lot of the jcb brochures there

Thanks Paul. My JCB brochure collection all stems from when the firm my Dad was working for at the time purchased it's first "Project 8" JCB 3CX Sitemaster and not only was he given the keys to operate it but also a bundle of brochures too which included most of their construction range and their switch to badged engineered tracked excavators from Sumitomo. Since then i've added a few a more to them from the various shows i've attended over the years. 

Whilst here's the equal size wheel machines starting the Joal 4CX Sitemaster. This was bought for Dad one Christmas many years ago and was ordered from the now defunct construction magazine PMJ "Plant Manager's Journal".

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

My accompanying brochures.

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Today i've been installing my sixth cabinet, a £20 charity shop buy, into my room which replaces my last remaining bookcase.

DSC01616.jpg

DSC01622.jpg

I'm planning on completely rearranging the themes within this cabinet in due course, for the time being however this is what is currently filling the top two shelves.

DSC01619.jpg

Nice buy there David.

Thanks Mark, very pleased with it. It fits really well into the gap where the bookcase once was and has a nice bit of depth to the shelves for the larger scales and the artics. All i've done is polish it and levelled the base up with some small bits of board. :)

I'll admit I don't recall this set at all. I've probably seen them at Spalding before but they've slipped below my radar. It would appear to be a series of Joal models placed together on a plinth. I was also reminded of another JCB Fastrac model this evening. The Border Fine Arts "Frontiers Of Farming" model which appears to be based around the Joal 155-65 too.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my first purchases towards my collection in 2011.

Starting with the Britains JCB Fastrac 7230 with the updated decals.

DSC01650.jpg

Followed by three 1/50th scale construction models from Siku. For value for money I think these are excellent models costing a little more or a little less than a tenner. Very impressed that Siku have opted to include operators within the cabs of some of these machines along with other useful and playable functions.

Starting with the Hamm roller.

DSC01652.jpg

The Liebherr 724 L.G.P bulldozer. Ok so the tracks let this model down slightly but if you're after the extra detail then there's always a Norscot version out there which i'm pretty certain would set you back more than £12.

DSC01653.jpg

DSC01656.jpg

The Liebherr 580 2plus2 loading shovel. The best of the three.

DSC01672.jpg

DSC01659.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to my Aunty i've finally been able to locate an old model / toy related family photograph i've been looking for, for quite some time now.

It was taken by a photographer from the Yorkshire Post and shows my Uncle on the left and my Dad on the right playing with a pair of toy Nuffield tractors at the Great Yorkshire Show back in the fifties. They unfortunately never survived the sand pit back at the farm although Dad recalls saving the wheels from his and converting them so he could use them with his Meccano he had as a youngster.

If any members could identify who manufactured the Nuffields that would be most appreciated.

IMG.jpg 

What a fantastic picture David! Has anyone else got photos of children playing with models? What year do you think it was taken ?

I absolutely love the sandals - can remember all my brothers wearing them! Yes, Unkelfergus that includes you! :D

Thanks to my Aunty i've finally been able to locate an old model / toy related family photograph i've been looking for, for quite some time now.

It was taken by a photographer from the Yorkshire Post and shows my Uncle on the left and my Dad on the right playing with a pair of toy Nuffield tractors at the Great Yorkshire Show back in the fifties. They unfortunately never survived the sand pit back at the farm although Dad recalls saving the wheels from his and converting them so he could use them with his Meccano he had as a youngster.

If any members could identify who manufactured the Nuffields that would be most appreciated.

IMG.jpg