The Aughton Valley Collection

Lastly from the tractors I purchased from Spalding were these "childhood" Britains tractors. The MB-Trac pleases me the most whilst the two Renaults join my dual wheeled 145.14 and now also have drivers in their cabs.

P1040226.jpg

P1040215.jpg

P1040212.jpg

P1040218.jpg

That wasn't quite the end of my purchases from Spalding. I also bought a Schuco Challenger 680B combine harvester, which survived the trip home just not my impatience or clumsiness when I attempted to remove it from it's box. It's now away with a friend being fixed. I'll post photographs of it once it is returned to it's former glory. :-[

Very nice new items you have there in your collection. Like the red ones ;)

texas

Thanks Bas. Thought you might like the opening batch of red machines. It's a theme i'd quite like to continue to add to. Hoping to have a few more conversions based on the Britains 56 series tractors join my collection later in the year. ;)

the fiat 880 looks nice david,used to be a very popular tractor down here in devon,tavistock used to have a fiat dealership,Farm Industries,great haunt of mine as a kid

It's a very nice model Paul, one I'd definitely recommend. Repliagri have done a great job on this tractor. There were a few of them working in the area I live, probably more so the later 90 series tractors. The one I remember most fondly operating around here was an immaculate 2wd 880 in the terracotta livery on various grass land duties. I think they're very smart looking tractors. Hope we see one of the bigger orange 80 series tractors in 1/32nd scale, a nice 1380 or 1580 would go down a treat. :) 

It's a very nice model Paul, one I'd definitely recommend. Repliagri have done a great job on this tractor. There were a few of them working in the area I live, probably more so the later 90 series tractors. The one I remember most fondly operating around here was an immaculate 2wd 880 in the terracotta livery on various grass land duties. I think they're very smart looking tractors. Hope we see one of the bigger orange 80 series tractors in 1/32nd scale, a nice 1380 or 1580 would go down a treat. :)

i tend to like the flagship models so a nice 1880 dt would be nice david,great to see the additions to your collection

i tend to like the flagship models so a nice 1880 dt would be nice david,great to see the additions to your collection

Thanks Paul, looking foward to expanding some of the themes running through it later in the year now. :) 

I'm sure i've seen a limited edition ROS version of an orange 1880DT in 1/32nd scale. I think it was based on their 180-90 and had the same grill and lights as the later 90 series machine rather than the correct circular lights. Although I stand to be corrected on this.

Nice additions to the collections David, I bet you were a heppy (but poor) bunny with some of those  ;);D

Thanks Patrick. It certainly kept me away from the pub for a while, but, that was a small price to pay for having some of those lovely models sat in my collection. Absolutely delighted with them. :)

Thanks Paul, looking foward to expanding some of the themes running through it later in the year now. :) 

I'm sure i've seen a limited edition ROS version of an orange 1880DT in 1/32nd scale. I think it was based on their 180-90 and had the same grill and lights as the later 90 series machine rather than the correct circular lights. Although I stand to be corrected on this.

It was a 1580 I think Walter

It was a 1580 I think Walter

You are indeed correct, thanks for identifying it, found this one residing on Ebay. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ROS-1-32-FIAT-1580DT-Tractor-A-C-A-Chartres-2008-15e-/300556514595?_trksid=p4340.m263&_trkparms=algo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26pmod%3D200578709384%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D9141326187153498792

that fiats a lovely little tractor isnt it david, i got mine at malvern and am very impressed with it, would love to do a 2wd convo on it some time once i get a second one

Fully agree Sean, it's a fantastic little model that has been very well put together. I'm definitely hankering after a 2wd terracotta version now like the one that worked locally. Look forward to seeing your conversion once you get a second one. :)

Nice additions to your collection David :)

Thanks Mark, as I mentioned before very pleased to now have some of your work in my collection, chuffed to bits with the 856XL. :)

Glad your happy with it David, I have 5 more to convert and then they'll be the last one's I do of them ???  as I want to do some new projects :-X

I've decided to give it a shelf partner which i'm going to endeavour to complete myself. I've had a Britains Elite Case IH CX80 residing in my collection for years now but I noticed the plastic of the wheel rims was taking on an orange tinge. So i've decided to give it a small makeover which will include painting the inner part of the rims black ( I know there were probably wer no UK factory examples produced like this ) and include some cab details taken from a Britains Case IH Magnum. Never really attempted anything like this before so i'm not expecting great things, just fancy having a go.

Looking forward to any new projects to come from your work bench in the future Mark. :) 

Here's the latest additions to my collection which come in the shape of the Britains New Holland T9.670 and T9.390 which brings my collection of 1/32nd articulated tractors up to thirty one plus my two four wheel steer Case Traction Kings.

Aside from the way they are packaged i'm rather pleased with the models themselves and nice to have the New Holland artics in miniature aswell as the their Case IH counterparts. I definitely prefer the smaller dual wheeled version and did look at the possibility of purchasing the bigger dual wheeled "Prestige" series T9.670, but having seen the price for the extra set of wheels I think i'm going to put my pennies towards something else instead.

P1050760.jpg

P1050758.jpg

Having decided to house my collection at my parents for the time being the cabinet i'd previously emptied and earmarked for moving into my current place of residence has now been filled again to a very specific theme that includes my two newest blues.

P1050745.jpg   

Very nice collection off blue ones. I have also the 9.670 and must say that britains did a good job.

Texas

Thanks Bas. Really enjoyed bringing the "blues" together and arranging them in one cabinet. They certainly have Bas, i'm delighted with Britains efforts at miniaturising these tractors. :)

Where did you say the collection was located Walter? Not that I want to burgle it or anything  :-X

About 8 miles east of where i'm now living back at my very accomodating parents house. ;)

Very pleased with how my blue themed collection has turned out so far and how I now have it arranged. :) 

Looks l Britains have made a good job on this one  ;D  are you pleased with them David? Do look a bit odd, maybe ungainly to me though  ;D

They're very respectable representations from Britains which i'm pleased to now have lined lined alongside the older blue artics and at £20 each good value for money too. I definitely prefer the looks of the older 82 series and FW artics compared to the almost "Avatar" like appearance the modern machines, still nice to have the new ones lined up alongside the older tractors though. :)

dont think you have enough models in the cabinet David!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lovely  collection there

Thanks Paul, appreciated. Very pleased how i've been able to display this part of my collection. Certainly no more room in that particular cabinet for anymore blues unless I decide to rearrange them again in my two bigger floor standing units or start making substitutions with any future purchases. I'm also planning on switching some of the other manufacturers around I have represented in my collection that are located on seperate shelves in my other cabinets to bring them together in a similar way to the blues. :) 

Thanks Paul, appreciated. Very pleased how i've been able to display this part of my collection. Certainly no more room in that particular cabinet for anymore blues unless I decide to rearrange them again in my two bigger floor standing units or start making substitutions with any future purchases. I'm also planning on switching some of the other manufacturers around I have represented in my collection that are located on seperate shelves in my other cabinets to bring them together in a similar way to the blues. :)

will look nice grouped together by make David

will look nice grouped together by make David

Thanks Paul. I'm planning on focusing my attention next on my Massey Ferguson and Case / International / Case IH themes. They are currently residing on three seperate shelves in three seperate cabinets, as a result of how they've grown in recent years. Looking forward to bringing them together and rearranging them. :)