The Aughton Valley Collection

Thanks for that pic.... I have no idea why but I quite like the Olivers as a brand... saw some photos of some out in the states in one of the tractor mags and they do hold a certain appeal.... but as a Ford man I can't for the life of me think why...... [Enter stage right Mary Ferguson or big Si with some witticism about crap tractors....  ::)  :D]

Thanks for that pic.... I have no idea why but I quite like the Olivers as a brand... saw some photos of some out in the states in one of the tractor mags and they do hold a certain appeal.... but as a Ford man I can't for the life of me think why...... [Enter stage right Mary Ferguson or big Si with some witticism about crap tractors....  ::)  :D]

It's cracking model and agree the Oliver liveried tractors from the White Farm Equipment era look the business..... but here's a nice big blue machine to re-address the balance :)

DSC03206.jpg

Thank you New Holland2

It certainly is mate  :) It's the only 1/16 scale model I own, bought it at Spalding back in '99. It's an Ertl 7740, I think i've seen a cabbed 6640 in the same scale too.

Cheers mate, I've got a cabbed 2 wheel drive 8240 - the only 40 series model I have, was really pleased when I snapped it up........Pretty solid models aren't they........ :)

Cheers mate, I've got a cabbed 2 wheel drive 8240 - the only 40 series model I have, was really pleased when I snapped it up........Pretty solid models aren't they........ :)

No problem mate, very pleased with mine, decent solid model and a good representation of a very nice tractor would like to find it a shelf partner now having seen what other variations were made.  :)

wow that is a nice collection you have

Thanks Marcus :)

Nice collection  ;)

Loving those cuff links where did you get those  ???

Thank you Barry

My eagle eyed Mum spotted them in the local jeweller's in Pickering just after the new year. Made for a very nice surprise when I returned home from work :)

According to the tag on the box they're made by a company called "Dalaco" think they were about £15.

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd photograph my current line up of JCB Fastracs as I've added three more since the original photographs of my collection were taken.

From right to left, Siku 8250, Britains 8250, 3220, 3185, Siku 2150, Britains 1135 and 1:35 scale Joal 155 - 65.

DSC03276.jpg

DSC03279.jpg

• Like 1

That's a very blue room Dave.....  ;)

Good background for yellow though... :-X;D

It's been blue and filled with black - ash MFI furniture for the last 10 years mate, would rather spend my money on more models to fill it with than redecorate it any other colour.  :)

Just looking forward now to installing my second cabinet and filling it, once i've finished giving it a small refurbishment. :)

nice line up dave, do you have the lcn show siku fastrac as well?

Thank you Sean, it's on my shopping list along with the new silver Siku version and I think Britains did one on a wooden plinth too, would be nice to have them all gathered up in my collection eventually, the smaller scaled Joal 155 - 65 is still my favourite :)

Thank you Sean, it's on my shopping list along with the new silver Siku version and I think Britains did one on a wooden plinth too, would be nice to have them all gathered up in my collection eventually, the smaller scaled Joal 155 - 65 is still my favourite :)

Very nice line up David....the lcn is the only one i have  ;)

post-1581-132639029472_thumb.jpg

post-1581-132639029478_thumb.jpg

Very nice line up David....the lcn is the only one i have  ;)

Thanks Pete, LCN version does look smart, much nicer than the standard Siku 2150 :)

think they did a britains on a plinth dave, and a gold one to, have a feeling i have seen one somewhere for sale to, normal yellow one that is

Just been looking through a couple of old JCB catalogues I have Sean and seen both versions on the plinths, prefer the proper colours to the gold version, but i'll keep an eye out for them both in the future.

Today I found my 1:25 scale Ros Ford 8970 a shelf partner in the shape of a Landini Starland 240 further adding to the "blueness" of my room :). I'm considering chasing after a few more of these sized models, they're nothing spectacular but very modestly priced and look quite nice sat on the shelf together. I've had a nosey in the Ros thread and noticed the Fiat F130, seen a few others such as Sames, Steyrs and also a slightly bizarre Genesis badged as a TM190.  :-X

DSC03449.jpg

DSC03451.jpg

Blue addition to the wall.

DSC03445.jpg

I have got a couple of Sames in the 1/25 scale and also a Ferrari tractor, some of the early Ros ones are very plasticky but the later ones are much better.

Next time I go in the loft I will see if I can find the Ferrari and take a photo of it just for curiosity value  ;) ;) ;)

I have got a couple of Sames in the 1/25 scale and also a Ferrari tractor, some of the early Ros ones are very plasticky but the later ones are much better.

Next time I go in the loft I will see if I can find the Ferrari and take a photo of it just for curiosity value  ;) ;) ;)

Thanks Mike that would be very interesting to see. I do like the look of the Sames, seen the Titan on many occasions and never thought to purchase one. Just out of interest is one of them an older Galaxy model? I've vague memories of seeing an unboxed older style one at Spalding on my last visit there.

Here we go then David  :D :D

I have a Titan 190 and a Galaxy 170 which has double wheels, they are packed away too well in the loft and I can't find them.

I have an Explorer crawler in 1/25 and I can't remember ever seeing another one like it

Models113.jpg

The here is the Ferrari, I don't know much about it but it seems similar to the Holder cultitrac

Models112.jpg

I do know it means that I can tell people that I own a Porsche, a Lamborghini and a Ferrari  ;D ;D ;D