The Aughton Valley Collection

im going to have to rearrange my models david,lack of space,and to many models,will rotate every so often

I felt like my collection had gone a bit stale so to speak recently Paul. Haven't really had the time to pay it much attention recently so it's been good have them completely shifted around, I feel like i've started to regain the buzz for collecting again. I'm definitely going to be thinning out some of my collection during the course of this year though, with my aim of condensing some of the lesser themes running through it at the moment.

I'm also about to start my first conversion based around a rather sun faded Britains Elite Case IH CX80 ( which i'll post on the forum in due course ) which will gain a glazed cab, work lights, beacons and mirrors from a Britains Case IH 310 along with a painted interior, black wheel rims, personalised decals and a tool box. I'm not expecting it to be fantastic, just fancy having a go at trying something different. :)

more nice photos of the collection,how many models in total do you have david?

Thanks Paul. Just short of 350, a figure that includes the few implements I have tucked away in draws too with my Ford and New Holland related collection making up the biggest theme I currently have. :)

My line up of Claas themed models have now vacated their residency too in cabinet number three so I could bring my John Deere related tractors all together.

P1050781.jpg

P1050782.jpg

P1050783.jpg

P1050784.jpg

P1050785.jpg

Other John Deere related items on top of the bookcase that has now returned after my desk was shipped out to my flat.

P1050786.jpg

nice line up mate, missing the black uh 8690 mind ??

Thanks Sean enjoyed having decent sort out in the last day or so. Missing five 1/32nd scale 8600 series tractors I think. The black one, LCN 8650, UH Chrome 8680, UH American spec 8680 and the dual wheeled Siku version. Truth be told i'm not a huge fan of the black version, nor the white one either that does reside in my collection, nowhere near as pleasing on the eye as their proper colour scheme, each to their own though. :)

Top of my Massey wish list is one of these.....

http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/File:MF_5200_4WD_(McConnell).jpg

A McConnell manufactured 5200, which I think would be an excellent candidate for a future National Farm Toy Show tractor model tractor.......nudge, nudge, hint, hint RC2 and Ertl.  :D 

the chrome 8680 will cost you now mate, they did a lot less of those than the chrome 7499 they have just done, and not many made it over here from what i can tell, although one does reside in plymouth

Money i'd rather spend on other models ( such as Jan and Robert's stunning work ) than go chasing after a chrome one, i'm not a fan of any of the "bling" chrome models out there, sounding like a right moody scrooge aren't I.  :D

Just realised there's the one on Trelleborg tyres too. :)

must confess neither am in, was offered the chrome at the origonal sale price, us $ that is,and couldnt really say no, wont be getting the 7499 just not worth it, and 1500 isnt really limited unlike the 8680 which was lower from what i was told (500) but not sure on that, dont buy the usa spec ones either, just not me, but the rest inc the trelli one i have

must confess neither am in, was offered the chrome at the origonal sale price, us $ that is,and couldnt really say no, wont be getting the 7499 just not worth it, and 1500 isnt really limited unlike the 8680 which was lower from what i was told (500) but not sure on that, dont buy the usa spec ones either, just not me, but the rest inc the trelli one i have

I'll probably keep an eye out for the remaining red 8600 series models out there,  in no rush to go chasing after them though as there's a few other models ahead of them on my shopping list, I do rather like the Trelleborg shod version and LCN edition the most out of the other variations that exist. 

Finished off dusting and bringing a bit sparkle back to my collection by rearranging some of the remaining themes residing in my collection.

Here's my Renault and Claas collection now together in the second cabinet I purchased.

P1050809.jpg

P1050810.jpg

P1050808.jpg

P1050811.jpg

P1050816.jpg

My three Steyr tractors on top of cabinet number two.

P1050805.jpg

Cabinet four and five.

P1050803.jpg

Cabinet six.

P1050815.jpg

The book case behind cabinet one containing a themed baling line up.

P1050806.jpg

There's also a couple of shelves below the balers containing tractors and i've another four draws and two shelves in another room here at my parents lined up with models too. If there are any models in my collection people would like further information, opinions on and individual close up photographs, i'll happily oblige with any requests.

nice pics mate, can i ask a favor, you have the uh ergos and hedge trimmer in the first pic, can you get a pic of the trimmer?? as it seems to be completley different to the 2 i have in my collection?? and i have never seen that one before, ,

nice pictures mate, can i ask a favor, you have the uh ergos and hedge trimmer in the first picture, can you get a picture of the trimmer?? as it seems to be completley different to the 2 i have in my collection?? and i have never seen that one before, ,

Thanks Sean, pleased to have them all shifted around and photographed for my records and posterity in their current state. Things have certainly changed since I first started posting. :)

Here's photographs of the UH Renault Ergos for your interest. I bought it from a local haunt of mine last year where it had remained gathering dust at the back of shelf for quite some time.

P1050824.jpg

P1050819.jpg

P1050822.jpg

P1050820.jpg

going to have to look for that one i guess, i have a totally different pair, mind you they are on the loader tractors, cheers for the pics mate, will have a look at snetterton when i go in a few weeks , with luck they have older uh stuff in so i will find one

going to have to look for that one i guess, i have a totally different pair, mind you they are on the loader tractors, cheers for the pictures mate, will have a look at snetterton when i go in a few weeks , with luck they have older uh stuff in so i will find one

You're very welcome Sean. My example came in a dealer box and must have been sat on the same shelf from the store I bought it from for the best part six months, I couldn't resist the temptation any longer and made them an offer for it. I rather like it. I seem to remember the same place had several examples the tractor on it's own without any attachments but to me it didn't look quite right without the extras so I didn't bother buying one. :)

David, can you get some pictures of the big Steyr 170?

Also what scale and make is it?

Cheers in advance, Patrick

Certainly will do Patrick. It's 1/25 scale and made by ROS not to be confused with the new ROS that is churning out all the excellent 1/32nd models at the moment, I believe they're two entirely seperate companies. Will post some photographs of it shortly. :)

mine are all dealer box, but i would settle for the non if it had that trimmer version on it, theres 2 different versions on the plain tractor that i know of decal wise, but i have never looked at the back end to see what sort of hitch it has fitted??