The Aughton Valley Collection

I thought it was time for a little update on my current line up of Fendt tractors as i've added 4 more to my collection in recent weeks. It's nothing like some of the impressive Fendt collections on here such as Jonathan's ( County999 ) and other member's line ups on here, but i'm really pleased with how it's developing. Just need to start adding a few Weise and UH models now.

DSC03549.jpg

And here's a couple of new plant purchases from Siku in 1:50 scale.

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03546.jpg

Very nice collection you have there.

Texas

Thank you Texas, really pleased with how it's evolving. I never know quite which direction it's going in because my buying habits tend to be so spontaneous and I don't have any preference in scale. I'll say one thing, I could do with a few more "Fergies," we'll have to wait until Spalding :)

Very nice collection you have there David. Line up looks great mate :o :o :) :) :)

Thank you Adam, really caught the collecting bug recently and really enjoying it, there's a couple of pretty good model shops close to where I live and Ralph Yates country store who used to be Ford tractor dealers just down the road, spend quite a bit of my time and money in there.  :)

Now that's the kind of talk we like to encourage on here David...

Hoo-Rah I say...  :D :D :D

Thanks Mark  :D, The "Fergy" side of my collection is a little bit thin on the ground and irrespective of scale I quite fancy adding a few more and not just general releases. I've one or two ideas on my Spalding shopping list, and having a studious nosey through your own collection has certainly helped.  ;)

glad to hear it David...

If you are ever near Cambridge please look me up... you are always welcome to a cup of tea and a nosey around my MF stuff anytime  ;)

Thank you for the kind offer Mark, hopefully in the not too distant future i'll take you up on it. I'll be down near Royston for Cereals 2009 on the 10th June and might well be heading to the Cheffins sales at some point later in the year.

Top of my MF list for Spalding is an Ertl 1:16th scale 3000 series tractor. :)

Brilliant... well... I'm smack in between Royston and Cheffins David  ;) - put some time aside then... a lot of it... I could talk for England  ;):D :D :D

Ertl 3070 2wd would be my 'weapon of choice' I reckon.... they did a 3660 and a 3630 as well I think  :-\ - I Looooove Ertl 16's - robust... heavy.. and they look like the real thing... they always make me wish I was 10 again....

1155 has to be my favourite model of all time I reckon  ;D

Brilliant... well... I'm smack in between Royston and Cheffins David  ;) - put some time aside then... a lot of it... I could talk for England  ;):D :D :D

Ertl 3070 2wd would be my 'weapon of choice' I reckon.... they did a 3660 and a 3630 as well I think  :-\ - I Looooove Ertl 16's - robust... heavy.. and they look like the real thing... they always make me wish I was 10 again....

1155 has to be my favourite model of all time I reckon  ;D

Me too Mark could quite easliy talk for ages about tractors and machinery, past and present, model and real thing.  :D

I'll probably plump for the 2wd 3070 if I can find one, as i've driven a 4wd version in the past for a friend. I'd quite obligingly bring home an 1155 too, saw one on a stall at a show a couple of years back and it looked very nice. I quite like the basic 1:16 Ertl models, as you say they're a solid and sound representation of the real deal. Spec Cast 98 looks rather tasty too. I think i'll be coming home bankrupt at this rate :)

that spec cast 98 is a beauty David... packed with detail..

I've got the rare 1105 as well (6 cylinder 1155 model).... another one of my 'faves' .... there is also an 1155 'spirit of America' in 16 scale (and 64th as well actually)... I've got one in the loft mint in it's box I think  ;):P

that spec cast 98 is a beauty David... packed with detail..

I've got the rare 1105 as well (6 cylinder 1155 model).... another one of my 'faves' .... there is also an 1155 'spirit of America' in 16 scale (and 64th as well actually)... I've got one in the loft mint in it's box I think  ;):P

If I did decide to purchase a Spec Cast 98 I'd have to buy the Oliver 99 to keep it company on the shelf.  :D

Very nearly bought many years ago at a show a 1:64 scale MF 2800 or 2805 just because I'd seen a picture of one in a Nick Baldwin written tractor book I'd bought earlier in the day, beast of 2wd tractor. :)

buy an ertl precision 1:16 scale.. there is nothing better when it comes to sturdy and accurate models. better than the resin casts from SpecCast and UH (although i do have the Ford 70-series from SpecCast that weigh over 10kg a piece  :o ).

Just had a look at those Spec Cast 70 series tractors on your website Wil, they do look like very solid and chunky models. Got to admit I'd love to own the precision Ford 5000 Ertl made, very smart looking model. :)

I had a look at some of the UH 1:16th scale models in the flesh today at a local model shop, the MF 35, shell winged 135 and Ford 5000, they looked quite good, but I wasn't tempted to pull my wallet out and buy any of them, certainly not at the top of my shopping list, might wait for the 7000 to arrive.

Finally got my second cabinet installed and filled this afternoon, there's still a few small gaps to fill in it such as in front of the John Deeres, I fancy looking for some 1:64 scale SG2 cabbed models. :) One or two things may well get moved around in due course but i'm really pleased with how it's turned out.

DSC03921.jpg

Now I just have to decide what to do with this monstrosity. It's an ex - perfume cabinet I aquired through work from a store that was given a re-fit, I was able to rescue it before it was dumped in a skip. It's currently sat in the garage because in it's current form is too large to go up the stairs and too tall for my room without some major modifications.

DSC03919-1.jpg

Nice, can't wait to get my own place to have some nice cabinets for my more special models.  :)

Thanks Tris, i'm delighted how they've both turned out. :) That's something I haven't thought too much about, what i'm going to do when i'm eventually in a financially sound position to move out. May not happen at this rate if I keep spending money on models, now that'll please my parents.  :D

Great 'mixed' collection Walter. That perfume cabinet would be great, presumably has lighting in the top?  ;)

Thanks John, pretty much any scale, make and model manufacturer goes when comes to my collecting habits :) . It's a very solid thing and would comfortably hold all of my 1:32 scale and smaller models I have at present. Unfortunately it doesn't have any lighting fitted, although if my Dad and I do decide to make something of it, there will definitely be some lighting installed.