The Aughton Valley Collection

• 2 years later...
11 minutes ago, mb86 said:

Brilliant lineup as I am said before David. Interesting to see the different model makers side by side. 

Thanks ever so much Martin. Universal Hobbies, Marge, DBP, MFM, Tab Models, S D Frater and Dan Baggott feature in among the 1474 and 1884 line up 🙂

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Thats one heck off a collection David. You have all the flagship Countys there.

Thanks ever so much Justin, really appreciated.......almost, I still require an export spec 1464, and awaiting the Universal Hobbies pre-production 1884. 🙂🙂

• Like 1

Realised that such has been the gap since I last posted in here there's quite a few things i've added in the last year or two I haven't posted up. So i'm going to try and fill in the gaps the best I can starting with this Schuco International 4166.

same_4.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

Realised that such has been the gap since I last posted in here there's quite a few things i've added in the last year or two I haven't posted up. So i'm going to try and fill in the gaps the best I can starting with this Schuco International 4166.

same_4.jpg

what do you think of the 4166 David? I've been intending to build one for a couple of years now as I've always liked the look of them, sort of a Doncaster 74 series on steroids!, but it keeps getting pushed down my list! Very tempted by one of those instead though, be interested to hear how you rate it please.

3 hours ago, 844john said:

what do you think of the 4166 David? I've been intending to build one for a couple of years now as I've always liked the look of them, sort of a Doncaster 74 series on steroids!, but it keeps getting pushed down my list! Very tempted by one of those instead though, be interested to hear how you rate it please.

I reckon a man of your talents John could quite easily build something much more superior and significantly more functional than this. It's a nice display model, and appears to be accurate in terms of dimensions and proportions. But for a model that sits in Schuco's exclusive Pro R32 range of resin models it's a step backwards in terms of detail and finish compared to the Dutra models etc that have gone before. There's significantly less detail in this model, the rear hitch looks like an afterthought, the wheels move but are fixed straight so there's no functional steering and the paint finish has a dull mat appearance. It's not bad, but I personally don't think it justifies the £130 price tag. It has an unfinished, could-do-better feel about it. It almost looks like pre-production model. Lovely to have a 4166 in 1/32nd scale, but i'd have sooner preferred one by Ertl with the same level detail as they've incorporated into their NFTS tractors in the past.  

1 hour ago, The Tractor Twitcher said:

I reckon a man of your talents John could quite easily build something much more superior and significantly more functional than this. It's a nice display model, and appears to be accurate in terms of dimensions and proportions. But for a model that sits in Schuco's exclusive Pro R32 range of resin models it's a step backwards in terms of detail and finish compared to the Dutra models etc that have gone before. There's significantly less detail in this model, the rear hitch looks like an afterthought, the wheels move but are fixed straight so there's no functional steering and the paint finish has a dull mat appearance. It's not bad, but I personally don't think it justifies the £130 price tag. It has an unfinished, could-do-better feel about it. It almost looks like pre-production model. Lovely to have a 4166 in 1/32nd scale, but i'd have sooner preferred one by Ertl with the same level detail as they've incorporated into their NFTS tractors in the past.  

I've been hopeing for years now that someone would produce a model of the 4166, and was pleased when I saw Schuco were going with this one until I read it was static and resin, And just did not look "right" plus it's very expensive for what you get, I did see somewhere there was a rumour ERTL were going to produce one as well, Here's hopeing.

Regards

Joe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, catkom3 said:

I've been hopeing for years now that someone would produce a model of the 4166, and was pleased when I saw Schuco were going with this one until I read it was static and resin, And just did not look "right" plus it's very expensive for what you get, I did see somewhere there was a rumour ERTL were going to produce one as well, Here's hopeing.

Regards

Joe.

Everything crossed for an Ertl version in the future Joe. The paint finish, limited casting detail, and the resin tyres definitely let this model down. It just doesn't look like a finished model. I'd love to see 1/32nd scale models of the earlier 4300, 4100, and later 86 version of this tractor. Photographed a couple in preservation in the UK. 

P1120555 - Copy.JPG

P1250705.JPG

• Like 1