Barry's John Deere 8400 - European Specification

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be raising up the weight block mate? Like the EU spec ones?

95JD8200.jpg

Have looked at that, made a basic block but not happy wih it, will make another one and fit  :)

Also looking to make the Laforge front linkage for another 8400 to do later

Because the European weights are a different shape - with the mounting point higher up  :-\

I think that is right Mark.

Also the UK tractors need better ground clearance. I think it also comes down to complete machine set up, e.g you can leave front row crop duals in america and head off down the road, the extra wheels give for a bit more weight.......

Hence the European ones have more weight to hang on there too.

This an great 8400! One the best I have seen so far I guess! Great work! :D

Have looked at that, made a basic block but not happy wih it, will make another one and fit  :)

Also looking to make the Laforge front linkage for another 8400 to do later

I have such weights for sale, if you are interested just send me a PM ;P

Christ Barry, I've just read this through, when I first read 'the exhaust's broken so thought I'd change the spec' I thought something minor, like glue the exhaust back on and take some indicators off.... not take it all apart and rebuild the whole thing!  :o:D

But well worth it mate, looks incredible.... :o:)

How come this one on the drill has no mirrors....  ??? Is it pre-prod or summint  ??? Or just a really bad driver....  :-\ [er, no comments about missing door mirror either  >:(]

I've seen picture of the 8430 with these outer wheels on as single wheels tractors, so put them back on and sort out some front wheels.  The front wheels are held on with a screw and a small washer in the inner wheel, the inner wheel is no good to use as a front wheel so will have to find a way of fitting a front wheel on, or adapting those to fit.

Received this lovely set of weights from Ziko on Friday, so set about fitting it to the 8400

a1.jpg

I decided not to use the weight block provided, but to make my own, as shown on the real tractor in the photo above

a2.jpg

I cut the front of the 8400

a3.jpg

Then added the weight block and weights

a4.jpg

Also added some lights above the weights

a55.jpg

Side view

a6.jpg

I might put the towing pin in the weight block too, when i find a small enogh drill bit  :)