MF40 Loader

Well the paint dried so I fitted this today. Still some detailing to do, latches, release cable etc. Now just got to make more attachments.  :D  Genuine MF red doesn't match UH red, no matter what colour primer I use.  :(

40_1.jpg

40_2.jpg

40_3.jpg

40_4.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't look so bad in the pics Sean, I suppose it depends on the lighting too.

Thanks Beginner.  :)

looks great mate  ;) ;) is it brass ??

Thanks. Mainly plasticard to form the box sections, but rams and twiddly bits are brass.  :)

Swing out sister!! That's ace, John  :-* What is the back wieght made of by the way? Did you make a mould for some fine sand and cement or something?

Just to add, this is the kind of scratch building and converting that is worthy of the merit yet will always deserve more. Proper stuff John, time, enthusiasm and the ability to really change something.  8)

Thanks all.

Bucket next then I guess  :-\ :-*;D

Good idea  ;)

attachments.jpg

Swing out sister!! That's ace, John  :-* What is the back wieght made of by the way? Did you make a mould for some fine sand and cement or something?

Just plasticard, Tris with brass hooks, edges rounded and nicked here and there and painted with acrylic paint over a rough primer. One of Nigel Ford's pick up hitch bars.  ;)

no marky a perry bale handler for it mate, hes got bales to pick up after his 703 baler afterall

Anyone got any pics of one of those? Never seen them up here and Google doesn't really help.  ???

Like this bale handler attachment?

Cheers Barry - gotcha all now. I've seen similar made by Taylors (?) and I think it had a wire to the pivot point for self levelling as it didn't have a tilt/crowd ram like your pic.

Terrific loader! If you want to see how to make a Perry loader for it, the one I made is posted up somewhere. Search 'some of Powerrabbits scratchbuilds' and it might come up, if not, just ask and I'll post up another picture. Try 'bale loaders' in the search as well.

we used to have a modifiyed one of the perrys on a 3 point on the back to ,to save time just used to park the trailer up run back and forth with 2 loads, one dropped on the floor the loader one on the trailer and stacked, be surprised how much time it saved, as you never went to far with the trailer and you bought the bales in to it a lot quicker, last few loads where then very short ones 

Terrific loader! If you want to see how to make a Perry loader for it, the one I made is posted up somewhere. Search 'some of Powerrabbits scratchbuilds' and it might come up, if not, just ask and I'll post up another picture. Try 'bale loaders' in the search as well.

Thanks PR.  Now I'm going to be thick here but we went from trailers to '21s' to 'flat 8s' with nothing between. Is the grip just mechanical from the pull on the wire as I'm assuming most loaders at that time didn't have a service up there.....?

I've never known one without a hydraulic clamp on it, our old neighbour used to run one on a pre-force 5000 major with a trip loader on, he just had a pipe running from the trailer valve on the back all the way up the jib, then it had a spring to open it when the oil was dumped.... That 135 looks infinitely better than the standard now John, fantastic sir...  ;D