New milking parlour/dairy house

intey 434

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looking good Davey you'll soon have it well on the way. I was on a farm walk on Thursday, and cows are getting smaller, more Jersey cross than Holstein in the future to make more money. Farmers are being told that the smaller cow requires less feeding and gets back into calf quicker than it's Holstein cousin, so you should be able to get in a few more cubicles, they reckon 2.5 feet as opposed to 3.5 for Holsteins  ;)

looking good Davey you'll soon have it well on the way. I was on a farm walk on Thursday, and cows are getting smaller, more Jersey cross than Holstein in the future to make more money. Farmers are being told that the smaller cow requires less feeding and gets back into calf quicker than it's Holstein cousin, so you should be able to get in a few more cubicles, they reckon 2.5 feet as opposed to 3.5 for Holsteins  ;)

i'll keep that in mind ::):D i was going o put the cubicals an inch and a quarter appart, would this be far away ???

wow thats a big old shed looks really good. will it have a fixed roof or one you can take off so you can move the tractors about.

i htink im going to have a foot square section over the parlour that lifts out then have the same on the opposite side over the cubicals...well thats the plan anyway ::)