What do we think it its?

jsedelweiss

Some of the first pre Force Fords retained the names from their predecessors, the 4000 was the Major and the 5000 was the Super Major.

I am trying to decide if that one is fitted with a Selene front axle or whether it is a Roadless conversion, I can't tell from the photo  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X

I bet it was the answer to their prayers when they built it though, power, traction, stability... might look a turd now but they obviously put some care into building it originally.... I think it's quite cool.... and no oddball parts looking at it, could probably be salvaged fairly cheaply if that was the sort of thing someone wanted....

as long as it's all uptogether mechanicly it would certainly be an interesting rebuild , other than that all it needs is a bit of paint  :)

simons right though , i daresay it looked the part when it was first cobbled together, they'd basicaly built a tractor to the spec they wanted ! shame to see these sometimes remakable one off's being left to rot away