My version of the last sold JD 4955 in Sweden. Finished!

:-\ I would love to have a go at something... I started an easy 590 with new wheels and a red/silver cab but it stillnot finished....  ::)

Well, its about time to finish her mate, and by the way, wheres the pics ??? ??? :)

tidy work man  ;)

Cheers Murray :)

I don't know. what i want to do is get the things to make a 4255 as i have been trying to get a bonnet but have not been successful yet. so i want to know were to get a bonnet and a trike and would like to know would a john Deere 8440 do the same job as a trike. :-\

Well, maybe you can use the 8440, bu its a lot of job to change the cab and all that. The Ertl "trike" was a 42/4440, very cheap and poor toy from the late 70's on 3 plastic wheels.  Its hard to find nowadays, but you can find it on Ebay. i think the easiest way to get a 4255 is to follow Peters advice.  :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking a nice shape buddy. Will it have wafer wieghts on her or a linkage? Also, will you use a Britains/Siku linkage on the rear or a PMA style one?

The 590 is still in pieces but painted. Cab needs rubbing down and starting again though. :(

Taking a nice shape buddy. Will it have wafer wieghts on her or a linkage? Also, will you use a Britains/Siku linkage on the rear or a PMA style one?

The 590 is still in pieces but painted. Cab needs rubbing down and starting again though. :(

Cheers mate!  :) It will have weights on the front. If you take a proper look, you can see that there is a Siku hitch on her... ::)  :D;)

looking good Mattias like the steps and also How did you make the back mudguards wider? ???

Thanks Matty  :) The rear mudguards are legthened with some pices from the rear mudguards from a JD 8630 and som brass sheet.

What a fantastic job you're doing Mattias.

Getting that exhaust the right shape must be a difficult task.

Cheers mate! That was quite easy. Just to heat up the brass tube and then bend it to the right shape 8):) It becomes very soft after you have heat it up and then cool it down.

Its allmost ready now. Made the paintwork and some more details this evening. Perhaps I can post up some pics tomorrow.  :)