Standen pearson ridger

good start cerin , might be the camera angle mate  but really needs to be the same width as the tractors wheel spacing , ie; measure the distance between the center of the rear wheels to get the distance of the points of yer ridger

also may want to lean the ridger boards back a little then trim them so they don't look quite so square  ;)

good start cerin , might be the camera angle mate  but really needs to be the same width as the tractors wheel spacing , ie; measure the distance between the center of the rear wheels to get the distance of the points of yer ridger

also may want to lean the ridger boards back a little then trim them so they don't look quite so square  ;)

thanks for the great advice i think its the camra angel because i mesured it so the hitch is right in the middel

but i think youre right about the boards i may make an other one :)

Blooming good Cerin Mate,

Is the main frame Brass mate? Did you glue or solder it?

All brass other than the siku adapter :)

i glued it as i tryed soldering the other day but we were missing somthing witch helped the solder to stick so it was very hard ::)

It looks good Cerin mate  ;)

thanks Rhys

Looks a good start Cerin, got the basics there :) As Marcus says though I think your ridging bodies are too close together, the centre of the body should be in line with the centre of each back tyre as I've shown on your picture here, main frame probably needs to be half a cm wider each side :);)

You can but the ridger seperately to the tiller though, quite often they are made so the tiller is removeable from the ridging bodies so you can use each seperately, several pictures of Grimme ones in my at work with topic from last year :)

post-334-132639022306_thumb.jpg

Looks a good start Cerin, got the basics there :) As Marcus says though I think your ridging bodies are too close together, the centre of the body should be in line with the centre of each back tyre as I've shown on your picture here, main frame probably needs to be half a cm wider each side :);)

You can but the ridger seperately to the tiller though, quite often they are made so the tiller is removeable from the ridging bodies so you can use each seperately, several pictures of Grimme ones in my at work with topic from last year :)

thanks i just went and had a closer inspection and you two are right half a centemeter more and it would be nice

i will have a look at the picture in a minute  ;)

flipping hec Cerin... that's brilliant mate  :o

Well done you... and in Brass too  :o :o - I reckon you mean flux (missing ingredient in the soldering)... although I THINK you need silver solder for brass mate anyway  :-\ - perhaps one of the experts wil fill us in on this..

Anyway... back to the ridger... I think it looks great buddy... as the boys above say, It could be spaced a little wider... but I'd not bother if I were you... I reckon it looks 'well smart' buddy  ;)

I hope you are suitably pleased with yourself... and you're walking around with a swagger and a smug look on your face  ;);D

Top work and many thanks for sharing  ;)

Now I KNOW I am going to loose the scratch build competition  :-[ :'( .. can't wait to see your entry now  ;)

nice work Cerin!!!, nice simple convo!....eeeeeeer as the others said! :) :) :)

I think you can buy the ridger parts from DT if you need them, i did once, they were the ones he used on his potato planters

you need one in the middle of the tractor. and two at the tyres

but it's a good start

Not for that type of ridger, its used for making a bed in front of the de-stoner, the two ridging bodies set to make a bed 1.5m or 1.7m wide ;)

flipping hec Cerin... that's brilliant mate  :o

Well done you... and in Brass too  :o :o - I reckon you mean flux (missing ingredient in the soldering)... although I THINK you need silver solder for brass mate anyway  :-\ - perhaps one of the experts wil fill us in on this..

Anyway... back to the ridger... I think it looks great buddy... as the boys above say, It could be spaced a little wider... but I'd not bother if I were you... I reckon it looks 'well smart' buddy  ;)

I hope you are suitably pleased with yourself... and you're walking around with a swagger and a smug look on your face  ;);D

Top work and many thanks for sharing  ;)

Now I KNOW I am going to loose the scratch build competition  :-[ :'( .. can't wait to see your entry now  ;)

thanks very much Marky

yep i do mean flux  ::) think we have silver solder :)

i not bothering on this one but if i do build an other one i will ;)

i proud of it came out better than i thought it would :)

you might win if you think of somthing nice to build ::)

looks good cerin ;) ;) , whats next then  :P

thanks well next up it a Horstine Farmery TMA 12m boom spreader for mocap :)

great first number cerin, looks ok to me for a first attempt bud

thanks Sean

nice work Cerin!!!, nice simple convo!....eeeeeeer as the others said! :) :) :)

I think you can buy the ridger parts from DT if you need them, i did once, they were the ones he used on his potato planters

thanks Ben

dont think i will bother buy any parts off DT i had fun making my own but i do like his 4 row rototiller bedformer

you need one in the middle of the tractor. and two at the tyres

but it's a good start

thanks but as explanded

Cerin Mate, just been looking again and i have to say again, just how brillant it is mate.

Now thats not just saying that either.

It may be simple to some but if i tryed mine would be miles out, on the sizes etc.

Very neat glueing

thanks again Adam

the only thing i measured was the middel were the hitchis just made the rest by eye

looks good boy! keep up the good work ;)

Thanks mate

Nice convo there Cerin  ;) ;) ;):o :o :o

Thanks Simon cant wait to see yours ;)

Nice job Cerin. Soldering is a tricky job to master.....glueing works just fine.  ;)

thanks

i might have another go at soldering but as you said glueing works just fine ;)

• 2 weeks later...