start of an ap cabbed 6610

go for it my freind why stop there? go for 1212 /1410 and 1412 im sure you might get some backing through david brown club. you could at least use engine albeit shortened from ertl 1690/mate it to a good backend have them cast and then you would be away. [glow=red,2,300]it does of course mean sacrifice a good 1690[/glow]. anyway thats enough of that in this post. it is afterall about ford ap cab which i wish every sucess.

ive cot them cast aswel  ;)

what gets me though is how did you get the correct 6610 nose cone as its much better than the britains rehashed 7710/5610 nose cone

very posable those AP cabbed with the ertl JD secura cabs

they fitted them to ..Fords

..JDs

..David Browns

..IH's

dunno about any other tractors  i think some MFs had them fitted in france

but again i could be wrong the only difference between the fords AP cab

and the others (which seem to be identical across the boad)is the bar on the

door from the bottom door hnge to the door handle is taperd on the fords

where as on the JD,IH's,DBs etc they have a straight bar

looking good by the way

the bottom window on the doors has to be angled also

It's a 1988 F plate model Paul and is used everyday on my friend's farm. It's a great little run -a- about, has seen quite a few different implements on the back too, from a bale spike for bedding up to helping out at harvest grain carting. I have loads of photos of this tractor so without wishing to hi - jack your thread i'll post the rest of them in my tractor photo topic along with the older LP cabbed tractor. Keep up the great work mate.

post away mate,its hard to believe the cab is so good.ours is 89 and it rotted away,but managed to get a good one from robert wraight .

post away mate,its hard to believe the cab is so good.ours is 89 and it rotted away,but managed to get a good one from robert wraight .

Thanks Paul, it really is in good nick, when they decided they were going to replace the older tractor they were considering looking for a 40 series, but saw a photograph of  the AP 6610 in the Farmers Weekly classifieds from a dealer about 15 miles away and couldn't resist purchasing it.

Here's the link to my tractor topic and photographs of the older LP cabbed tractor. I'll post the rest in here too.

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?topic=25556.msg525342#new

And here's the newer one leading sugarbeet ( from a big Vervaet ) for the last time on the farm before the York factory closed it's doors.

Ford6610AP3.jpg

There are two versions of the AP/LP cab used on the 10 series, first versions are as the cab from the ertl JD with the front hinged doors. On the 5610, at least, they were available with a flat cab roof, so LP. Latter versions, with rear hinged doors, 1984 on, had a modified door opening (and door) giving more room to get in and out and was available with either an AP or LP roof, this also changed the profile of the rear wings. The latter style of LP cab was only available on the 3 cylinder models whilst the AP was available on models from 4610 through to 7610.  The earlier cabs are available from Brian Norman as a replacement part, just as well really as those ertl JD's are a bit pricey :o

Looked into this for doing my own model when time permits. What rear wheels are you using pb?

can't believe it'a taken soooooo long for someone to try this  :(, although i did sugest to PDC at last years toytrac it could be something to look at .)

well done paul, making good progress so far & will look forward to seeing this finished , just the one for yerself or making a few to sell ?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...