New Silage/Grain Trailer opinions on design please?

MODELFARMER

At work we are in the process of developing a new trailer, but out of below what do you think would be the best way to send out the 1st design?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. At work we are in the process of developing a new trailer, but out of below what do you think would be the best way to send out the 1st design?

• Lightweight like a Fraser
    • Or Heavy Like a Redrock
    • Mono Body
    • Or Drop Wing?

Ricky, although the price of steel has come back slightly it is still high. It would be worth looking at how the amount of steel can be reduced without compromising strength. At the end of the day a trailer is a trailer and there is very little you can do to change the appeal of it. . .  Or is there? Think NEW, what can be incorprated into the design which sets it apart from the Redrocks, the Richard Westerns, the Bailey's yet offers a saving either over initial cost or lifespan/useage. What features can simplify it's use, make it kinder on the operation it is doing without being loaded with gimicky extra's and fancey options.

I bet if that was full of wet wheat the ford pictured would struggle to tip it :D:(

Thats crazy, and most certainly not road legal behind a tractor if it was full???

The ford struggled to tip it empty!!  ;D:D

Well i guess then maybe kane are making it for the fun and to see what they can do maybe.

If it is something your company is looking to get into, I would go with the ever popular 10 / 12 tonne model, just to get morte chance of orders in the order book.  You need trailers out there to get a reputation.

whether you opt for purpose built silage trailer or a hybrid, I dont think it matters, but dont do it on the cheap, as it wont take long for the bad comments to stick, with not many trailers out there to start, people would be put off without even using one.

Try and think of a way of making a trailer feel heavy and robust, but not using too much steel.  Might sound daft and I know the big trailer guys will devote a lot of time to this, but it will keep your costs down.

whatever you choose, you know you need a sketch of one !!! :D