The nicest machinery brochure you have seen

i am posting a new topic i hope it is new anyway and even though i have nothing to post yet i would love to see machinery brochures collected by members out there  post up an example of the nicest brochure you have seen and maybe why you think it is so attractive

i have many brochures but to pick out a few nice ones, i have to show the following 3:

every single one represents a line of brochures that were made in a similar style.. it also shows the improvement of printing and pictures over the years

1. 1947-1950 - the Ford machinery was drawed and given a red colour to make it show better

AD5275A.jpg

2. 1954-1960 - the brochures were more colourful(addition of yellow mostly) but still the machinery was mostly drawn and emphasized with colours..

AD6800.jpg

3. beginning of the 1970's - actual pictures are being used, but these pictures are taken of big fields where the attention automatically goes to the machinery because of the way the photos were taken. more than just showing the model.. the pictures were not mere snapshots but seemed to be studio-made..

AD1153.jpg

Great topic... now you CANNOT ask me this question... I've been through my whole collection... and I've tried to narrow it down as best I can  :-[ - As you all know by now (  ::) ) - all my stuff is MF related... My main area of interest is 58 to about the mid 80's really...

So... without further ado... my top picks are these (for the reasons stated)...

My very favourite style (if I had to pick one)... is the early French style brochures in this format...

MF21_Page_1.jpg

This is a combine one as well.. I don't have anywhere near enough of this style... I think Rory has got them all from memory...

MF86_Page_1.jpg

I also like some of the older more rare stuff which tells some of MF's early history.... here is the first cane harvester ever to be invented (Australian)... just look at the photo  :-*:-*

MF515CaneHarvester_Page_1.jpg

Now then.... Early UK stuff as well... any brochure depicting the 'MF wave'  - a lot of period brochures of the time had the driver doing this (rather funny looking) wave..

MF35Industrial_Page_1-1.jpg

Here is another nice brochure with a bit of 'old school' farming in it..

MF292_Page_1.jpg

and again...

MF1241_Page_1.jpg

And the real old stuff here....

FE35_2_Page_1-1.jpg

and again... (this is a great style.... I've not seen any other brochures that look like this one)

MFTrailers2_Page_1-1.jpg

Another old school brochure that I am fond of... once again for it's history rather than the content (although I love the layout)

MF780Special_Page_1-1.jpg

How about this for a look too.... the new silver cabbed 700 series combines...

MF700Range_Page_1.jpg

This is a nice 'clean' brochure... makes the tractor look great from this angle...

MF699_Page_1.jpg

This one is dear to my heart.... I remember the storeman from Weatherheads had 'hidden it' away for me under the counter mat - they only had the one brochure sent through (before the tractor had made it here) - I must have read this 1000 times as a child...  ;D

MF4840_Page_1.jpg

I really must make this my last post... I could go on all day (and post pretty much all of my collection)  :D :D

So.. 'and finally'

Another picture I love.. once again reminding me of my youth...

MF26202WD_Page_1.jpg

This style of hinkler cabbed tractors are my favourite models of all time too... so I had to chuck this one in...

MF1105_Page_1.jpg

and finally..... who could resists this lovely old picture as well...  :-*

MF108022_Page_1.jpg

So... sorry to have 'barged in' and taken up a lot of space... but I can't help myself... and you did ask  :-[:D :D

Here's a few favourites of mine, I currently have around 250 brochures in my collection, mostly containing literature that friends have donated to me, knowing i'm such a keen machinery enthusiast. I do remember when I was a bit younger, filling out a card on a Construction News plant supplement to receive brochures from all kinds of manufacturers, which I did. However I don't think my Dad bargained for all the phone calls from sales men trying to convince him to buy anything from an enourmous Manitowoc crawler crane to a little Ausa dumper. :)

A couple of recent gifts from a friend were these two combine harvester brochures, The MF 440 is really nice with a fantastic schematic drawing for the centre spread, never seen a 440 in real life either.

DSC03784.jpg

More combines this time from the New Holland stable, and another machine i've never seen or heard much about, a TL58i. I seem to recall this machine could be a Laverda combine in yellow paint.

DSC03787.jpg

A few classic tractors, really like the MB -Trac one with the dealer's stamp on it.

DSC03786.jpg

DSC03788.jpg

A few nice ones there David - and I must say I do not have any of them apart from the 440 one :'(

Thanks Colm, although collecting models tends to take priority over books and literature I enjoy having items such as the ones above in my collection, especially brochures from the '80s and early '90s. More than half the brochures I have are of JCB machines thanks mainly to my Dad and I was given a bag full of New Holland stuff by a local agricultural college too, which i'm very appreciative of.

Lord F

Yes, the MF Dernieries are full range, the black one from the 1976-77 period is easily the best...it's amazing....plus it has a picture of all the MF French brochures that were available at the time.

Regards

R Day

Niiiiice... thanks Rory... another one to add to my wish list then  :'( :D :D - this collectin g malarky never gets any better does it  :-\ :D :D - was the 592 about in 76-77 then ?? - never seen a brochure on that one sadly  :-\ - I've seen a real one mind you  :P

that bonhill combine looks a intresting one walter,what year is that from mate??

I was told it dates from the early '90s Sean, there's no actual date on the brochure itself though. I've never seen a Fortshritt combine harvester in Bonhill colours in the flesh, only a rape swather with the same type of cab as the combine. There was once a couple of older blue and white machines operating near me, I believe they were E514 models.