Britains 2009 catalogue

CX820Joe

I managed to pick up a 2009 catalogue in a shop yesterday - I was surprised to see that in it, there is only 1 combine now (The JD S690) and while there is only a photo of an actual FW-60 it says next to it 'All new tooling for actual model' but doesn't say the same for the MF7485 strangely.

This has already been discussed on another thread!

Andy posted a pic of the prototype FW60 from the London toyfair, which confirmed that the casting is new.

With regard to the combines,  the NH CR9080 redecal is out in the US as a dealer edition, so it is probable it will come out here on a 6 month dealer only issue to start with.  If that is the case, it won't be in the general toy catalogue until later in the year.  The CX880 may well be redecalled as an 8080, we will have to wait and see. 

A redecal on the Case Axial Flow is a question mark, as the panel work has been altered on the new 'real ones'. 

I think, in all honesty, the number of combines in the catalogue last year was a bit too much, and most of them had been superseded in reality. 

If you look in the April issue of classic tractor there is a write up on the 2009 britians releases. In there it says that they didnt have the prototypes of the MF ready for the london toyfair. But yes in there it say that they are completely new models.

• 5 months later...

well i been a member here since sept 2005 & even then members were banging on about how poor the britains hitches were & all we get to hear is 'it takes time to get things like that sorted'   sorted ? should have been left alone in the first place or at least a siku type linkage fitted .

Well i hope we won't have to end up butchering our long awaited masseys to fit siku hitches , come on britains RC2 i think 4 years shoud have been enough time , to get a decent hitch / linkage sorted  failing that reinstate the older type hitch & i don't mean the awfull centre mounted lift lever , i mean the side mounted one that can be changed if it broke with a simple wheel removal , not a chassis splitting job  >:(

come on RC2 britains , we've waited long enough  >:(

regards Mr barrett , SOMERSET

(address withheld by request)

oh new Massey coming out , ? really ? looking forward to that  :)

well i been a member here since sept 2005 & even then members were banging on about how poor the britains hitches were & all we get to hear is 'it takes time to get things like that sorted'   sorted ? should have been left alone in the first place or at least a siku type linkage fitted .

Well i hope we won't have to end up butchering our long awaited masseys to fit siku hitches , come on britains RC2 i think 4 years shoud have been enough time , to get a decent hitch / linkage sorted  failing that reinstate the older type hitch & i don't mean the awfull centre mounted lift lever , i mean the side mounted one that can be changed if it broke with a simple wheel removal , not a chassis splitting job  >:(

come on RC2 britains , we've waited long enough  >:(

regards Mr barrett , SOMERSET

(address withheld by request)

oh new Massey coming out , ? really ? looking forward to that  :)

i always thought the old type hitch was sort of rubbish i remember as a kid i used to have a jar of elastic bands to put under an arm of the hitch and around the cab to hold it up at even without anything on it 90% of my toys used suffer from it the to the other extreme i had a tm165 that its hitch wouldnot go down it just bent the two bars that raised lifted the hitch