wow that cab is looking great Paul

for the roof how about using a piece of old rain coat material which is thin or in the pics of the real one you posted it looks silver in colour which looks like a similar material to which I have a waterproof car cover made out of,

think the material is called tyvek I think off the top of my head,I think theres different thickness' ,maybe its of use ???

what sort of material is the real one made out of ???

thanks for your help jamie the real material is i would say  canvas does look silver but just weathered with age thanks again,paul

you need something that shapes easily, will take the glue ok, hence why i used the bandage, i would guess any good chemist will seel it, try the one at yelverton mate,

i tried a good 6 or 7 materials, for mine, this worked the best, even tird the toilet roll and glue method they use on model railways for covers

used it on my 16th 135 and loader convo to, it was that good 

you know what im going to ask dont you sean a link to this topic of your 1/16 135 tried searching nothing,paul