prototype County super four found???

stehos

A few weeks ago I stumbled on this County Super Four in need of restoring. But watching carefully I saw this tractor has drum brakes instead of the usual (Super Major) disc brakes. Might this be a prototype or a homemade conversion. Can anyone shed a light on this?

Jack.

post-114-132639047913_thumb.jpg

post-114-132639047923_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That is true and all I can say it is TOO good a question for me to answer....but I'm sure some of the Ford and Fordson faternity on here will be able to shed some light on it ;) ;)

No one can say anything about it?

Jack.

According to "County a pictorial review" by Stuart Gibbard, the 1960 prototype was based on a Power Major, without hydraulics. After testing it was dismantled and the four wheel drive parts sold off to a local farmer. Perhaps that is what is in your pictures ???

According to "County a pictorial review" by Stuart Gibbard, the 1960 prototype was based on a Power Major, without hydraulics. After testing it was dismantled and the four wheel drive parts sold off to a local farmer. Perhaps that is what is in your pictures ???

That, if it could be proved, would make this, surely, quite a find ???

Guys this one was built in Brazil, by the new zealand army when they were on tour of the isle of man.

the brakes were made by ripspeed, and sold as an upgrade by halfords nationwide. The problem was the 50k box on these tractors wasn't balenced properly so they made a nex one from driftwood and to this day know one knows why the men in white coats stilll havent me locked up ha ha

sorry where were we?

:D

I can't either - I  am sure though that I replied in another topic like this :(

Old age is galloping up on me maybe :D :D :D

Christ I'll say Colm... :o:D :D You've got decades of misery to wade through before you get there mate! :D :D :D

Old age may be coming for you, but at least you haven't gone totally bat sh*t like our Ricky... ::):D :D