They're at it already !

JohnP

There's a JD7930 with the mower, a JD6920 and McHale baler/wrapper and Duetz tilling.

A JD6620 lifted the bales and took them away on a low-loader trailer.

I know the weather has been really good this week, but they are only taking the grass up to keep the birds away.

Sorry, thses were taken at the limit of my pocket camera and I haven't had chance to edit & crop them.

post-256-132639054906_thumb.jpg

Airfield isn't it? That's more a case of 'have to' than 'need to' isn't it? Fusion, don't see many of them to the acre! Nice photo's John..... Where have you been?!

If I told you I'd have to shoot you !

got to be done then john ! i used to be a tractor driver on merryfield airfield ,  part of HMS HERON Yeovilton

not so much the nesting of birds , but to lessen the risk of the marines gazzelle's from tipping over , as they used to come in & skid along the ground long grass could wrap around the skids & flip them over , same went for the lynx  sounds far fetched , but have seen it done when a learner practicesd an autorotation (cut the power & land safely) in the hay grass off the main runways not a great landing  :( all our grass was harvested for the drying plant to make cattle nuts

There's a JD7930 with the mower, a JD6920 and McHale baler/wrapper and Duetz tilling.

A JD6620 lifted the bales and took them away on a low-loader trailer.

I know the weather has been really good this week, but they are only taking the grass up to keep the birds away.

Sorry, thses were taken at the limit of my pocket camera and I haven't had chance to edit & crop them.

7530?

Where is this John?

7530?

Where is this John?

Oh yes, a 7530 is more like it !

RAF Valley...ooops I've given the game away now, I'll have to shoot everyone !!!

(hence in the "machinery seen but no photos" section I write about my 210mile journey home each Friday afternoon !)