My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

sorry to go off topic but did the kidds give a good crops  :-\  as your not wilting it so theres going to be a lot of effueint in the clamp  :-\

id would be going in so slow it would nearly wilt on the pit  :P and its only dubble chop so the grass isnot cut that short so not as much efulent and would take longer to flow out!

the dad years ago buck raked with a 135 , seid you have to shake up the load befor you coud take it up the pit as it was all stuck togeter after been in the trailer  ::) pure hardship 12-15 acors on a good day! and he had time to milk the cows when they were cuting  ;)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i recently was asked to build 2 x 16ft fold down buckrakes... ive never built one before but after recently building a redrock pushoff from brass i vowed never again,no money would pay me...so i thought that the fold down type may be easier,i was wrong....so now that ive these near complete im vowing the same,no more buckrakes of any kind....the pair ive been working on has consumed 18 hours of work so far plus brass,and ive still to make the fitting for the jcb and paint them,but they are both minor jobs.....I find buckrakes extremely frustrating to make and the fine brasswork is fiddly,and severe on the hands...so NO MORE BUCKRAKE ORDERS EVER........Ill post more pictures when i get them painted...in the 1st picture you will se the real version that my rake was based on...as you can see the amount of brass and work involved here,all measuring and squaring and soldering...

post-1779-132639317757_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639317774_thumb.jpg

i took advantage today of the hot temperature and painted this lot outside....3 x JD tractors,2x JD foragers,1x MF 3690 bonnet and 2 x brass buckrakes,2 x OPU cabs ans 2x SG2 roofs.....

post-1779-132639317999_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639318013_thumb.jpg

Guys just had an idea pop into my head when see those paintin pictures, you's know the square blocks florists use for sticking flowers in,

they could be of some use holding things to paint with wire stickin outta them,  :angel: :angel:

Trip to garden centre tomorrow!

its called oasis block ricky ;)

brian i hope you didnt get any paint on that nice chair, the wife wont be happy, well mine wouldn't

thats the stuff, though from memory there are 2 types of material used for them, one grey and like a hard foam and one green and a bit crumbly i think

1 is my own and the other is away on monday.....never send a boy on a mans job and the 2 tractors hooked to the foragers would be more than able for the job

post-1779-132639321277_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639321288_thumb.jpg

Wow!!! Big kit there, Brian. Those JF's look incredible. Where will they be heading, overseas or to the display cabinet at Chateau BOR?

ones for chateau BOR and the other is getting robbed when he's no looking :angel:

Deerest,the JF FCT1355 on the fendt is sold and being collected on monday,its for a man who only lives an hour away....the other FCT1355 on the 8480 is mine and will be staying with me......ive built 7 FCT 1355s to date and funnily enough none of them have left Ireland......The advantage of me keeping one and bringing it out to my workshop and measuring off it is invaluable....if i were to begin from scratch every time and working off all the pics etc it would prob drive me insane........whereas having the properly scaled model to copy is half the battle...at the min im going through all the hardships of my 1st JD 1365 mowers,i always knew mowers would be tricky and each model differs so much.........I have some JD stuff just around the corner that will blow you away....unfortunately its not all mine but ill certainly be taking plenty of pics before it has to go..Its going to be JD month here at VM

ive just finished this ongoing 3690 for a customer and thought it,d look good hooked on my kv harrows.....beside her is my own 3690 on my mf 768 front and rear power harrows....this pair could work a good seedbed

post-1779-132639324027_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639324043_thumb.jpg

Archived