My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you lads...upon a intial visit to a machine like this its very important not to blind yourself with confusion by trying to take it all in at one time. Instead break it up, what does the machine do, how does it do it, what parts move and so on.. Start at the mouth of the machine and work you,re way back and it will become apparent what everythings for. Dimensions of course are crucial to get right and in this case i brought along the cw150 brochure on my visit and jotted down a lot of the sizes on the brochure and it was invaluable during the build, but i knew from the beginning that it was going to be a long haul through the model builds and the only way to get a job like this done is the long hours of solitary confinement in the workshop with your aim firmly fixed on creating a model as close as is humanly possible to real machine, i guess thats how every model builder must think.....A spare model was built and is for sale as its better doing this as someone requesting one a few weeks down the line....

to date my potato set up consists of

GRIMME GT170S HARVESTER

GRIMME CW150 DESTONER

REEKIE 5154S DESTONER

GRIMME GL32B PLANTER

GRIMME RIDGER

GRIMME FRONT FERTILISER ATTACHMENT

GRIMME SINGLE BEDTILLER  which ive just sold and am upgrading with a larger destoner very soon    

It takes a long time to make all the necessary potato equipment and my journey to now has taken from 2010 to build up what i have. 

ive the single row bedtiller now sold and am planning to make a new double bedtiller but just not sure which model yet. I would ideally like a fixed double row machine such as the REEKIE RT380 but a few options are currently being studied. I am also planning to have a few more tractors on rowcrops for my next planting diarama later in the year..

the next item on my 2013 list of model builds is the AGRI-MECH GRASSHOPPER mowers.  If anyone has any information or pictures of these popular 70,s -80,s mowers then id be very grateful if you were to contact me....thanks

A stunning model line up you have Brian! It's a real credit to all your building skills which are among the best in 'the trade'. It would be great if you could finish the (Grimme) line up with say a reception hopper and box filler etc.. I don't know what is usually used in your area?

If you're ever in a muddle getting the tatties lifted in the wet my SF 3000 might be able to help out: http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/topic/20473-grimme-sf-3000-potato-harvester/?hl=3000 ;)

Archived