My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

thanks Davy for the pics but it wont be going ahead for now due to little interest and a model build like this just simply wouldnt be justifiable as a one off. There is an incredible amount of work involved in replicating it and id need to be building a batch of 4 or 5 to benefit from the research and the studying and making of the parts but unfortunately it doesnt seem to be a popular enough item to proceed with...   I will now be going ahead with a different double row bedtiller as im needing one myself

The remaining Grimme CW 150 model is now sold, i have no more left for sale.....    progress is being slowly made with the grasshoppers so hopefully be complete within the next 3 weeks....

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately ive ran into serious problems with the grasshopper builds, but slowly working my way through them..They are not like most mowers as instead of the rams lifting the entire frame the grasshopper has rams that lift only the drums, so between making this work and also leaving the drums freely rotating I truly had a big problem in replicating it, and its not often it happens but they got so frustrating that I just had to leave them aside for over a week and work on my MF baler restoration. Im not sure if it was a combination of starting a new project so soon after the grimme destoners or working entirely of a brochure but they are testing me to the limits. But im now back to them and hope to have results soon....

• 2 weeks later...

A Tong Peal grading line is a current potential model build, i havent yet studied in detail nor am certain as to which particular machine but updates in due course, due to the endless amount of making in this model and its individual parts it may be a unique one-off if it goes ahead but if there is anyone else interested in such a model then now would be a good time to let me know as there will be quite some planning and materials to think about....

the possible grader build is a TONG PEAL CARETAKER 1800 mobile grader...I have a considerable amount of studying though before a price or further details can be set....

I have made 6 of the grasshopper models, 5 are spoken for and 1 is for sale.. This would never be considered again due to the difficulty of the build, it is a project that almost beat me and ive probably spent 6 hours during the build just gazing at my workbench wondering how i was going to get it to work at all. I had deposits taken for 4 of them and also had put too many hours in to simply scrap the project and at one point had to avoid them for 2 weeks just to work them out, but avoiding doesnt get the job done and now after 2 weeks behind schedule on them ive finally completed them.. 2 are still awaiting wheels and decals but im now planning my next project which is 2 x PATTERSON single row bedtillers with ridgers for customers and 4 x MF 70 drum mowers.....

i dont get much time now for tractor conversions but had all the parts to make a good tractor so decided to push on with it this week.. the 5480 chassis was used and the cab which is excellent but i decided to open the sunroof which isnt easy done on this model due to the rivets connecting the roof, cab frame and glazing together...steps are modified from a valtra t and ive fitted a ZUIDBERG front linkage which ive modified slightly and also made a few bits for as i think my kit was missing one or two items....

here it is on the standard mf 5480 wheels and tyres

DSCF1557_zpscaf596eb.jpg

DSCF1556_zps18197dda.jpg

Archived