My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, sorry i dont have many Fords.... Over the last 2 years ive concentrated more on implements and will continue this in the future, in about a month i should have my 3 Tong Peal Caretaker models ready, these have been my biggest project to date and so far ive accumulated some 300 hours at them. This has obviously heavily tied me up since they began but at least now im well through them. Looking back now i realise that they were in fact too big of a job to try and fit in around a day job, this led to many late nights and whole weekends being spent at them, fortunately they were enjoyable to make but an incredible amount of thinking was involved. My future tractor conversions will be for my own collection and will be only MF or Fendt, if i had these lot of non MF tractor conversions sold then it,ll leave me a whole shelf to display on....I have quite a few more implements planned but wont be thinking about them until the graders are completed. The list i have in my head wont follow any particular order and ill just decide which is next as i go along, its more fun that way as plans can really tie you down and take the enjoyment from model building. Im happy with how my own collection has grown in the last 3 years with some of my most desirable machinery now replicated on my shelves....

• 1 month later...

The TONG PEAL CARETAKER builds are now into their last few weeks. More on this in October as every year for our Moira show we bring out a magazine and my article this year will be on the Caretaker models, they have not only been my biggest job to date but have tied me up since very early in the year. I have to build a TAARUP single chop and a JF FH1450 single chop for a customer who has waited a long time and ill be doing 2 only of each in case anyone wants one, i never intended building any more of these but i was coaxed into it and i prefer to build a batch of 4 in total rather than just one of each..Below is the JF FH1450

post-1667-0-66389200-1408740058_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-24028200-1408740088_thumb.jp

Pics of the TAARUP below... The Taarup built this time will be the 1350mm wide version which is the middle one in the range, they were available in 1100, 1350 and 1500 mm.... The version of the JF FH1450 is 1450 mm in real life.. The Taarups will have hand controls and the JF will be hydraulic

post-1667-0-25450000-1408740240_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-37885700-1408740251_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

Currently completing a batch of 6 single chop foragers..  3x TAARUP dm1350 and 3x JF FH1450....   Here are the 3x completed JF,s and there just finished ten minutes ago..

post-1667-0-98759300-1412462129_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-87774500-1412462162_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Archived