My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

As Pat has pointed out, 7530 resale values here are strong, theres a lot of faith in the model among contractors especially. I wouldn't expect the figures to come near Fendts as quite simply the Fendt is the most expensive tractor on the market. A good clean 7530 premium with front links, 710 600 tyres and other more not so noticeable extras will command very strong money in the UK, but hard to find an example that hasn't got highish hours is hard to track down, actually the exact same sentence could apply to a 7810 which shows the reputation the 7530 has gained. Ive recently seen the 7530 being fitted with new brakes and this was so simply done compared to the TM190 and a good few others. I know of a 7530 that needs a head gasket every year but its working butterfly CLASS mowers which realistically is a bigger boys job

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to drift off the subject of models but an odd bit of tractor banter does no harm. I guess what I was trying to say is that im VERY hard to please regarding a good tractor but the 7530 has impressed me time and time again and im not a JD man.. Tractors work in eras, every manufacturer has there day and then there left behind by another until they gain it back, this is how it works, id strongly say I was a MF man but the MFs that were made in the great BANNER LANE factory, I grew up on and around them and have one restored and love to see them all the time but id tell people quite openly that I believe SAME -DEUTZ FAHR have the best product on the market today. In Fendts TURBOMATIK days they were quite simply streets ahead regarding reliability. In my opinion the best battle was in the 60s/70s when we had the British tractor builders producing fine machines that went head to head for supremacy, DAVID BROWN, MASSEY FERGUSON, INTERNATIONAL, FORD being the main players and although we all had our favourite colour theres not one man that could stand up and say that any of them had a bad product. For those of us that grew up seeing these British made tractors working we witnessed true reliability and build quality

At present we have a BACK BRITISH FARMING campaign, I often think if the government had of backed BRITISH TRACTOR BUILDING then maybe today the heritage would be carried on, it is of course history now, ill tell my little boy when hes driving my 40 year old MF135 about how great of a factory that MF had in Coventry and how reliable the machines that left there were but I cant take him to see 1000 odd people assembling a tractor, I can take him to a housing development and point across and tell him to picture it but he never would get the true picture of just how good the factory really was

32 years Paul, the 600s then? How lucky you are, because you will never again get that chance. Perkins 236 and 248s being fitted to the 600s and things in full swing, Its certainly been fascinating seeing things evolve, in the 60s-70s our four abovementioned tractor builders drove towards a clutchless gear change, many trials and errors and often troublesome outcomes, then the next big step being CVT or VARIO, a constantly variable transmission, it came from Germany and today its almost standard, but the tractors that truly built farms were built in Banner Lane, Doncaster, Meltham and Basildon

With us the resale value on 74/7530 is pretty strong, certainly better than a lot of brands. Better than the R series anyway but not a patch on Fendt. You hear horror stories about John Deere's a lot but everyone I know that runs 30 series seem to get on well, not without faults but which brand is perfect? The dealer network is one o the main reasons we run them, strong local dealers and great parts support

Also John Deere is the biggest brand so the most to break down? I don't believe one make breaks down more often than the other. There is a split NH/Fendt dealer near where I used to live. People would comment on his workshop as there were far more blue tractors than green in for repairs. His comment always was; I sell ten times as many NH as I do Fendt so also ten times as many to repair!

Also John Deere is the biggest brand so the most to break down? I don't believe one make breaks down more often than the other. There is a split NH/Fendt dealer near where I used to live. People would comment on his workshop as there were far more blue tractors than green in for repairs. His comment always was; I sell ten times as many NH as I do Fendt so also ten times as many to repair!

It would show more if there was a set of common issues with a brand, especially if it requires taking into a dealers to be fixed. Certainly if you sell 150 tractors a year of which 20% have a common fault then in theory for 30 weeks of the year there's an increased chance that a tractor of that brand with thy fault will be in the dealers, where as a dealer only selling 20 tractors with may have a breakdown rate of 40% but because he/she sells fewer tractors there's less chance they would be seen in the workshop, also it might be a host of different problems some of which don't require the dealers workshop etc.

I know the figures may be a bit on the high side but it illustrates my point.

Another few pictures of the current one off model im working at. I,ll keep posting up build pics as I go along until eventually someone might work out what it is.

post-1667-0-39424400-1428355442_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-39047800-1428355478_thumb.jp

As can be seen there has been a huge amount of time and work put into it, because it a relatively small model and there is such a huge amount going on such as brackets etc that have got to be 100% in the correct places or the putting together stage just wont work.

post-1667-0-90058500-1428355575_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-59837300-1428355729_thumb.jp

The above pictured model has been extremely difficult to work out from the beginning, so far its consumed a lot of time and for the first time ever I honestly thought at the beginning I was going to have to call it off. I have in the past build awkward things but never built anything with such a huge amount of brackets in such a small area, it would test the soldering skills of the very best. Hopefully now in the next 2 weeks it will be completed and the decals are currently being made. Im actually looking forward now to the John Deere baler builds as theres no way they could possibly cause the headaches this one did, I think in the end it comes down to taking the time to do it, I think that is the secret in building any model and never to get lost in information which can easily happen, I got sent the plans of the real thing from the Company who makes it thanks to a forum member and although I did work them out in the end there was just so many dimensions to follow, the first few times I looked at them I just thought how am I possibly going to do this one..

Is it a rotavator? Incredible patience bor.. on a scale of 1 to 10 would you say your builds have got better from way back on your 1st page? It seems that the detail is getting more and more refined.

Thank you Gary, its not a rotavator. Id very much doubt if anyone would be familiar with this one, its a very heavy duty machine and unlikely to find it behind anything with less than 350hp..

No Joe but good guess as was Neils guess of a planter going by the earlier pics. I can see another clue is needed. This implement would be more common in England than over here in Ireland due to the larger farms and indeed field size over with you,s.. It is also made in England..

None of the above but some really good imaginative guesses. Ill be adding some finishing touches tomorrow now that the headstock is joined to the main toolbar, it took around 3 hours to get them aligned and the holes drilled perfectly square to each other, the next few pics will probably throw more light on the matter

My money is now on one of these Brian:

ScanStone%20Bed%20Tiller%20with%20mini%2

It looks like that heavy frame would fit a bed tiller perfectly. Just I can't find the make or model that matches up closely to your current build. We'll get there. 8)

[sherlock Holmes mode back on]

Really lovely pictures there from Joe and Neils but im afraid both not the model im building.  Here are some more pics after todays shift at it, im off work this week and am getting more time at it.............

post-1667-0-83854900-1428521797_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-56737000-1428521836_thumb.jp

Archived