My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

No again, if anyone does guess correctly then ill instantly admit that there correct, but id like it if someone could name the exact machine rather than just throw out a name of an implement such as  PLOUGH, ROTAVATOR etc as this covers a wide range of possibilities, I was hoping someone would pinpoint the exact machine name...I would have thought the last 5 pictures would have give the game away. Study the pics and the brackets and itll take a careful look to figure out the working parts of the machine and indeed the model

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Paul, but again a very good guess... It seems this model is as hard to guess what it is as it is to make. Im hoping to get back to it tomorrow and complete the building of it and to be ready to paint, ill take more pics just prior to painting and post them up to see if any more light can be shed

Yes Alex, its certainly interesting to see what people translate from what they,ve seen so far, and with your reply comes another clue, the clue being that Oakley farms is very much into CTF and such a machine would be at home there

Well done, that's the model im making. And a hell of a job it has been too. The only part I didn't make was the discs, everything else was hand made. Of all the awkward things ive built in my time this was the most difficult, the pics below show the legs and discs loosely fitted and these will be removed for painting and then fitted afterwards

post-1667-0-28010500-1428610994_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-34320300-1428611035_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-55357100-1428611075_thumb.jp

Of all the guesses as to what it was I have to say that Neils guess of a planter was good as he was basing his reply on the early pics of the toolbar which did resemble a planter in its first stages. But Paulai,s answer of a Mc Connell Shakerator was probably the best guess as he thought carefully about the clues given and worked his way through the English based companies until he narrowed it down to Mc Connell... Someone came up with the answer of a SUMO and I have to ask are they an English based company as I thought they weren't English

Joes guess of a stabilising rotavator has given me the idea of maybe covering that one in the future and see,ing the pic of the 936 on the tiller I know itd make a good setup in 1/32 but there would be a high cost of replicating that one in model form, it is in effect 2x 100" rotavators with a massive folding frame and ridging bodies to make for behind it. Never say never though

Of all the guesses as to what it was I have to say that Neils guess of a planter was good as he was basing his reply on the early pics of the toolbar which did resemble a planter in its first stages. But Paulai,s answer of a Mc Connell Shakerator was probably the best guess as he thought carefully about the clues given and worked his way through the English based companies until he narrowed it down to Mc Connell... Someone came up with the answer of a SUMO and I have to ask are they an English based company as I thought they weren't English

Sumo are very much an English company, infact their trucks all have Union Jacks as part of their livery, built about 3 miles away from me near York. A very impressive state of the art factory they have as well.

http://www.sumo1.com/index.php

I had a look at cultivating solutions as I didn't know anything about them, very interesting product range, built not too far from where I live as well

Looks nothing like it Brian!!!!!

Seriously, this is making me want to buy some brass and get my new Dremel VersaTip finally out of the box, fantastic build and great to see the progress with all the photos :)

• 2 weeks later...

My 2x SCANSTONE 2 bed ridgers complete, I had trouble getting paint and this held things up for a few weeks. It was a lot more difficult making this as opposed to making the single bed ridger, the moving parts were the difficult bit

post-1667-0-47324400-1429566899_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-09076900-1429566942_thumb.jp

First pic is in working position with both guides down.. Pic 2 shows 1 guide raised... Pic 3 shows the guide folded back ready for transport and this bit was tricky

post-1667-0-37664500-1429567173_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-84463100-1429567227_thumb.jp

post-1667-0-42356700-1429567272_thumb.jp

Archived