My Model Builds - Past and Present.

B O R

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you,s..another piece for my potato set up, I've a planter and a 3rd destoner still to make before it's complete. Takes a long time getting through the entire set up

This evening I started the building of 6x John Deere balers, they will be 342A and 359 models.. It will take some time to get through them as almost everything will again be scratch built

• 2 weeks later...

Im now 2 weeks into the John Deere baler builds, you can imagine how much building there is in a baler when all the parts are being made. I had originally thought there might be a chance to use some parts from a donor baler but upon studying all the available balers on the market there really was nothing that was going to be any good to me so scratchbuilding the entire thing was the only option.. Looking at my 2 weeks progress it still looks like there is quite a long way to go but im hoping 2 more weeks will bring them forward significantly, very often when making everything from scratch it seems like you have very little done after putting in many hours work but I find that this is because in the early stages you are making lots of individual parts and its when you start putting them all together that you can really begin to see things taking shape, there are 6x balers and they,ll be 3x 342A and 3x 359 models, one will of course be staying with me and itll probably be a 342A as it will be nice displayed with my 2140 tractor and will nicely match the age.. I cant even measure my decals yet as theres not enough done to measure off, but soon there will be...I spend more time in my workshop than I do in the house and television is almost a thing of the past now, a whole day on Saturday in the workshop can just tick by in no time and I begin my model shifts at 8.30pm in the evening and its normally around 1am before I come in to shower and get to bed, then up again at 6.30 for work, every now and then the tiredness catches up on you though and the only answer is a night off which I now have once a week, model building is mentally demanding and this leads to a different tiredness than if you are working manually all day, I experience this from time to time. Its like your mind is working about ten times faster than you,re hands constantly working out your next step and getting working parts to operate. But the end product always makes it worth it....

• 3 weeks later...

I use the pressure gauges off UH Kuhn ploughs that were broken for the plough bodies, ive broken quite a few of those ploughs now and always keep all bits and pieces as they are very useable...

The new arrival at work, first impressions are a totally superb machine and the smoothest tractor I've ever driven, the 7280r is now gone.. More about the Fendt later

post-1667-0-43947000-1432897939_thumb.jp

There was a JD7280R bought by G Shropshires working down the road ............it was new two years ago and came with a set of Soucy tracks, I had heard rumours of its unreliability and last month it got traded in for a new 7230R with the SCR system and decent exhaust pipe ;D.......................then I had it confirmed that the 7280R had been one of the most unreliable machines they have ever run over its 3,000hrs especially when compared to a dependable 8 year old 8530 with 10,000hrs plus on the clock that also got traded in this year...............this time for a Fendt 936.

It amazes me how farmers never give up on Deeres even when they make a tractor as unreliable as the original 7R series ???   When NH had huge issues with their TM175/190s we never heard the last of it and farmers left the brand vowing never to return!

Lots of 724s running around here, neck and neck with JD6210R sales wise in these parts.

The 7280 did have a few issues, there's only 2000hours on it when it left and I it's time it had to go back to the JD dealers for 5 weeks at one stage for a gearbox mod, it was whiny on the road, I noticed it first time I drove it, apparently the mod that JD done was later a standard factory mod within the factory so at least it was caught on early. On another occasiont there was a software issue between the tractor and the green star that dangerously made it lose steering on 2 occasions, this took a while to sort out too, then I think an orbital steering unit and also a few replaced solenoids which apparently are more problematic on US built Deeres than the Germanbuilt machines. I fairness the dealer sorted things out very efficiently but for the 5 week repair could only leave out an 06 6930 which I enjoyed driving, but a 6930 would be no good if you needed 280 hp to drive triple mowers I late May. That's the problem with anything over 200 hp, the dealer will be unlikely to have a loan tractor of similar hp to pull you out but could easily have a dozen 6830-7530 models traded in. For me the 7280 was always a noisy tractor especially after morning start ups, was clumsy in many ways especially cab height, vario not refined enough, lack of sunroof although this may be an option? The Hitchlock was unreliable and the bonnet was of too light construction. It wouldn't have been my choice of a 280hp tractor but to even things up for Jd at work I simply love the 07 7530 which the 6210 doesn't even come close to in every way

Blue green, don't even get me started on the NH TM 190, we have one at work and I've been on it for the last week and a half, I came to a conclusion on Wednesday and that is that it is the WORST tractor I've ever driven, a totally horrible gearbox is the main gripe, it's like a lucky dip waiting to see what the next gear change is going to be like, it could be a smooth one but it could also throw you forward in the seat, it's unpredictable and has a mind of its own which always makes the wrong decision, when you slow down and clutch it changes away down itself and then you have to go back up to where you were, there are 7 clutch packs that consumes up to 5 hp each which you notice when on the road with a heavy load, it's just a horrible tractor and getting of it and onto the JD 7530 is simply like day and night, the Deere is so much more nimble and handy, superb gearbox and a hell of a puller, far more refined controls and simply a better built tractor in every way, error lights are constantly coming on in the tm and a estimated bill of £3500 came in this week to replace the tm brakes which to me Its not worth doing, I'd be getting rid of it for good, we normally use a tl100 for fencing but it's now been split 8 weeks after getting shuttle repairs and the hold up is the waiting for a new flywheel which has to be sourced through new holland dealer from wait for it BRAZIL of all places, the tl as you know is nearly all FIAT based so whatever company bought the rights must still sell a similar model in Brazil, someone like TUMOSAN I'd guess. But it's a much handier size for fencing and a mechanical clutch is preferred for this job for control with your foot rather than some solenoid that bounces you back 6 inches at a time

A lot of TM190s were dogs by all accounts, but I would argue that a 7530 should really be compared to a T7050 rather than a TM.

The TL is still made in Brazil, as are the TS, TSA and TM. There are even two 30 series models in Brazil that have their heritage in the 10 series, a 105hp 7630 and a 122hp 8030. Both have a 4.5 litre 4 cylinder engine. The 7630 is turboed, and the 8030 turboed and intercooled.

http://agriculture.newholland.com/br/pt/Products/Tractors/Serie30/Documents/serie30.pdf

Archived